Having friends over for dinner thread (rolling)

This thread is for dinner party chat!!!

Cheese souffles and pannacotta, not KFC.

2 Likes

1 Like

I like making a big pan of mussels when folk come round with toasted sourdough.
Dead easy, really cheap and super tasty. Also always a crowd pleaser

2 Likes

I’m imagining this to be like the just eat adverts with a big group of happy adults sharing a local Indian smiling all the time, in contrast to the reality of me hungover as fuck in bed trying to spoon luminescent curry onto a small plate

5 Likes

What do you do for normal folk who don’t like mussels?

2 Likes

*deep fried mussels

Don’t invite them :grinning::wink:

2 Likes

Done myself here

5 Likes

Think we might go out for a meal later. Some Italian restaurant probably

1 Like

never had anybody over for dinner

Got a friend and child over to stay this weekend. Have just served sausages chopped up and cooked in a tomato sauce with pasta + jelly beans on the side.

Tonight we’re all gonna make sushi :sushi: :yum:

3 Likes

Pizza express?

We never go there unless for a cheap deal. Going to an authentic independent Italian we’ve not been before. Fingers crossed.

Where else are you gonna get big pints of peroni, mate?

3 Likes

Always go for a house bottle of red to accompany a meal

Sophisticated

Pcbe

It’s great in either direction, though to be fair the people whose houses we tend to go to are also decent cooks, so that really helps. But it’s such a fantastic way of hanging out, leisurely, eating loads of great food, drinking but not at pub prices, whatever you want on the tunes front until our mate gets too drunk and insists we watch bits of Brassed Off on YouTube, which we all complain about but actually love him for. Ahhh, friends.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s the best! Good music at the right volume and no waiting for ages at a busy bar for drinks.

1 Like

I love cooking for people, so much fun

2 Likes

Is your mate me? And are the scenes ‘coco the scab’ and, ‘she calls that wobbly?’

1 Like