Hay Fever Ultras 2023 šŸ¤§

Me today:

1 Like

Constant nose running here, same for R and he is too young still for most of the remedies I think :disappointed_relieved:

Horrible hayfever today. Red itchy eyes and a runny nose.

People at work are assuming itā€™s a cold as by them no one can have hayfever this early.

Stay strong brothers and sisters :fist:

2 Likes

Balls. Itā€™s the apollenclypse

3 Likes

Tree pollen is absolutely obliterating me today, the worst Iā€™ve ever had it. First sneeze attack at 3:30 am and still ongoing.

Worst day of the day year so far for me. Had to walk through part of epping forest to get to the garage where our car was being serviced.

Forest + london pollution Ɨ breezy weather = fucking ruined.

Just the eyes are absolutely murdering me this year, the rest I can deal with!

Any recommendations for eye drops in addition to the pills? Had a spray but it was useless!

Last couple of days have been atrocious for me. Actually finding it is affecting my breathing at the moment it is that bad.

Fucking pollen. Who needs plants anyway, huh?

2 Likes

Bring on the extinction of all plant life and thus the end of the world I say.

3 Likes

Seems for the best.

My eyes are itching like a bastard

Iā€™ve been okay for about a month now luckily. Solidarity to those suffering :fist:

Anyone tried a neti pot/nasal douche this year? Iā€™ve done it a couple of times so far and very mild symptoms so far compared to 2018. A+ would recommend.

2020 ultra checking in!!

Why do I get hayfever in January :sneezing_face: :confounded:

Different things iritate rhinitis. Pollenā€™s the main one, some people get it from house dust, animal hair, others from digesting something or as a recaction to, for example, certain perfumes.

Given the time of year, pollen count, general weather (assuming harruā€™s in the UK) itā€™s very unliekly to be pollen in that case, but the symptoms are identical. I have it and strongly suspect the cause for me is a beer ingredient - a specific sulphite used in some ales or lagers.

@harru - Depending how severe your attacks are it might be worth combining an antihistimine with a steroidal nasal spray all year round.

2 Likes

Hay fever season 2020 has started for me. Was hardly outside either :sob:

Stay strong everyone :fist:

2 Likes

Itā€™s been bad today hasnā€™t it!!!

1 Like

Absolutely kicking my arse the past couple of days. Didnā€™t sleep last night. Head fucked from sneezing so much. Havenā€™t had it this badly since I was a kid. A bit worried that getting the virus in this state could be very bad news.

Been bad for the past week or so, but was absolutely terrible at work last week.

Weā€™ve been disinfecting everything and the spray we were using was really aggravating it. Iā€™m certain the boss thought I was coming down with the plague because she kept getting the temperature probe out.