Hay Fever Ultras 2023 šŸ¤§

Ran out of a nose spray this morning so had to duck into Sainos on the way in. Got some BECODEFENCE which has definitely taken the edge off.

Eyes are killing me this week.

I need this to end but sometimes I suffer badly when it rains too. Maybe the impact of the raindrops disperses the pollen or something idk

Yeah Iā€™ve never been able to work out if rain dampens the pollen down or kicks it all up, feels like no weather is safe.

1 Like

On tablets and nasal spray at this point.

Tablets are more for whatever has been flaring up my eczema for the past few months. Definitely find the nasal spray to be more effective for the hey fever.

I think Iā€™m dying

Took everything last night including nasal spray and eye drops and went out the pub.

Spent the whole night sniffing and rubbing my eyes and feeling very congested.

Canā€™t remember it being this bad in ages.

Has the cold Spring meant that all the pollen was stored up for longer and is now exploding everywhere all at once?

So much this

Weā€™ve had the windows mostly closed, which should reduce pollen, but I think having a fan going at night isnā€™t helping as itā€™s blowing dust around. But I went out in the car earlier and having the windows open and pollen blowing in my face really didnā€™t help my eyes.

Oh yeah, fans seem to really irritate my eyes.

Which is annoying, because overwhelming heat really irritates my body and brain.

Persistent discomfort.

1 Like

Mine has been awful this week - especially around 8pm onwards but not sure if that is my ā€˜1 a dayā€™ tablet wearing off.

My partner kindly bought me some allergy calm wipes which are apparently the new things on the block??? never heard of them but going to give them a go later. Not sure if they have been mentioned here or anybody has tried them already?

This yearā€™s hay fever is immune to Fexofenadine.

Weā€™re out of options: itā€™s time to nuke pollen

1 Like

Seriously though, I usually get about 11 hours out of my tablets but I am fucking dying today. Suspect itā€™s not helped by my new flat, top floor - so tree level - overlooking a park which regularly gets its grass mowed by the local authorities, but this is the worst Iā€™ve had it in probably about ten years

Havenā€™t tried the commercial wipes but every morning I boil some water, let it cool a bit obviously, and then wipe my eyes with cotton wool pads. Does seem to help the itchy eyes problem and the sticky feeling you get.

Because I have a bad habit of putting stuff down where ever I last used them, itā€™s just taken me half an hour to find my nasal spray.

Been nice knowing you all :confounded:

3 Likes

Just keep it in your nose. Gentle knock of your face on a table when you need a top up

fucking hell

3 Likes

Just sneezed so hard that my throat now hurts and swallowing is very painful :+1:

1 Like
6 Likes

What pollen season are we in now? Grass? Weed?

Because absolutely fuck both of those things JFC.

1 Like

Emmaā€™s mum has some flowers in the living room and I might as well be dead.