Hay Fever Ultras 2023 šŸ¤§

Based on above disussion you can get fexofenadine over the counter now. Iā€™m planning on getting some today cause my double dropping of cetirizine and loratadine plus nasal spray is not working.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve definitely had this as a side effect from hayfeaver meds - basically feels like having had far too much coffee. Never been organized enough to work out if itā€™s specific ones though.

Hmm, no. Itā€™s not a feeling of them being blocked, Iā€™ve had that before, this is like when Iā€™m really really dizzy my head and ears sort of feel full but not blocked, more like blocked by sound? So hard to describe. Closer to tinnitus than being blocked and like a sort of constant pulsing of some sort, like Iā€™m about to faint. But this was INTENSE and as the day went on i lost my hearing for a few hours or struggled to tell waht spinds were happening in my ears and which ones were real (there was a lawnmower somewhere that i had absolutely no idea if i was imagining it or not) Whatever it was its gone todayā€¦ but yesterday was bizarre!

Oh god that sounds really disconcerting! Glad itā€™s gone and i hope you find out what it was.

1 Like

Could be connected to sinuses or glands? I suffer with weird pains in the ear / cheek area always connected to hayfever.

Not an aural thing like youā€™re describing though tbh

Hopes dashed. Not strong enough. Symptoms intolerable. Gonna get jabbed next year instead.

Get jabbed now my love!!

Had mine earlier and it was absolutely fine and by Sunday I should apparently be hayfever free until next summer! Will obvs keep everyone updated on if thatā€™s the case but apparently it is bloody magical.

Donā€™t recommend booking your appointment for ten minutes after your cousinā€™s because the person doing it may well say ā€œoh come in at the same time! Youā€™re family!ā€ Because you might see a relativeā€™s hairy bum xx

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure he wont tell anyone about it.

1 Like

:smiley: very, very good. Shouldā€™ve seen that one coming tbf.

The woman doing it loved me tbf. My cousin had his first and then I was like YES MEET YOU AT THE CAR RICHARD. But she really made me laugh cause she was like ā€œthose big burly labourers in the waiting room? Normally a nightmare. And theyā€™ve got work shorts and boxers on so have to fully get their arses out. People like you, sundresses and little knickers, tattoos, youā€™re easy.ā€

1 Like

Got to say Iā€™m tempted. By the jab, not the hairy arse.

How does one arrange this butt jabbing? Iā€™d love to have a real boy summer.

1 Like

Google it! Search for kenalog injections in your area and there should hopefully be one close to you. Anyone who has a license to inject things (like Botox and fillers, that sort of thing) can legally do it.

1 Like

Dunno if anyone uses it but Well Pharmacy (they run the pharmacies inside a lot of GP practices) have an offer on just now for 2 Beconase sprays for Ā£8 which is Ā£1 more than a single pack. Theyā€™ve got Loratadine 14x for Ā£3.50 too which is decent.

After 30ish years of hay fever hell Iā€™ve found the combo of those 2 works brilliantly, Beconase makes me a bit fatigued but Iā€™d rather that than all the eye-clawing without or fexofenadine palpitationsā€¦

This

My ears are narky at the best of times, and hayfever just amplifies it

Oh apparently you shouldnā€™t take Allevia with fruit juice. Reduces itā€™s effectiveness. Just take it with water apparently.

Just spent a blissful week in Majorca and within an hour of landing back here my nose was streaming. Lost all my skin toughness from not blowing my nose for a week so now itā€™s proper sore too. Bleurgh.

Going to get the steroid jab this afternoon, thanks to being made aware of it here by @kermitwormit!

The last couple of weeks have been awful, even with taking two fexo tablets a day. So fed up of being confined to the house or popping out only to turn into an absolute state for days on end.

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yaaaay! Fingers crossed it works for you, itā€™s been a lifesaver for me! Good luck lovely!

1 Like

What a terrible day to have a respiratory system

1 Like

Get your bum jabbed eps!

(Iā€™m not getting commission from Big Bum Jab)

Not going to take an immunosuppressant injection at the mo, I hear thereā€™s quite a nasty virus going around