⚽ Four Stripe Salute: The August Football Thread 2022 ⚽

Got to say, the idea of having a tricky left-footed right-winger after all these years appeals, even if it’s silly money to pay.

Gakpo seems bang average tbh and yet another right footed left winger. Think we’ll get better value out of Anthony tbh. At least we’ll have a bit of flair on the pitch.

I obviously need to read a bit more into the specifics of FFP - from what I understand Arsenal are almost certainly compliant with PL rules, but potentially not UEFA. But when they talk about the club making a loss, I guess that doesn’t factor in the purchased players as assets. For example if we buy Jesus for £45m we haven’t actually lost £45m as we have an asset with a market value - in this case probably of around the amount we paid, although that could potentially rise or fall quite significantly.

Antony!

4 Likes

Anthhhferny

Funnily enough this could be our new front line alongside Elanga and Martial

5 Likes

I’m neither here nor there on the puns. There’s ones that make me smile from time to time but the interminable strings of them are pretty annoying.

So we’ll try the separate thread for them, see how it goes. Try and post yours there if you feel the urge, I don’t want to waste time splitting threads off if it can be helped.

3 Likes

I’m not thinking of a footballer, who isn’t it?

1 Like

Pronouncing ‘Antony’ ‘Anthony’ the way Carmela Soprano does might be a good bit.

8 Likes

Hope there is a picture of the poncho out there.

1 Like

the google search engine results for “Nacho Monreal”+Poncho must have gone through the roof :joy:

1 Like

what are peoples dream draws for the camps league? far flung oddball locations? easiest draw possible? nice city breaks? take on the big hitters? just someone different from the last 3 years…?

would most people be wanting frankfurt from pot 1…?

Ajax
Spurs
Benfica
Celtic

Please

1 Like

Pot 4 looks like a shambles but there could be some very edgy match ups in pots 1, 2 & 3

Are teams from the same country being kept apart?

No Pamarot

Chances of an Anglo-Scottish pairing must be quite high, someone do the probability…

1 Like

RB Leipzig + RB Salzburg + Club Brugge

Please?

Ajax, Liverpool, Salzburg, Zagreb.

Porto, Chelsea, Shakhtar, Haifa.

City, Barcelona, Napoli, Marseille.

That’s all I’ll say on the matter.

It’s at least a 37.5% chance

No wait, Rangers AND Celtic, that doubles the chances

1 Like

thats where a bit of romance comes though doesnt it…clubs not in it every year… their fans would love a trip to real madrid or bayern etc… or even at that level would they want to have half a chance of getting through the groups and being spanked in the knock out stages… :person_shrugging:

1 Like