Headphone advice

Wasting your money as the headphones have an internal dac/amp and it wont bypass it unless you use it wired and without power.

Using those headphones wired and without power is a bad idea as they are dsp corrected for the different cups as they arent identical (different mass in each cup) so theyll sound bad even with a good dac/amp without power

1 Like

Nice one, I’ll save my £££ :slight_smile:

Well itll use the computers dac if you use them wired by im assuming youll be using them qireless mostly.

Yeah I’ve not used them wired at all so far

wait, is powered on & wired a thing?

Yes. Itll bypass the dac but itll use the amp

I tried to use the headphones (wirelessly) whilst charging and they didn’t work, so assumed this wasn’t possible, although maybe i was doing something wrong.

Yeah you cannot use it whilst charging though i believe you can use them wired/passively whilst charging providing the power isnt on iirc

Ah OK makes sense

Hi

Anyone got any advice for some on ear headphones please. My wife has had some AKG 450s that have lasted a decade, but are definitely on the way out. Something similar in size would be good. Budget up to £100. Thanks.

these would be today’s equivalent

Or if noise cancelling isn’t necessary the y400 & y500 are the ones to go for, pretty cheap and lots of different colours available

1 Like

Ah, thanks. That’s really helpful.

No problem :+1:

Love me Ljndy BNX60s

Nice price too

4 Likes

Time for some new headphones.

These seem good value. Anyone got any views?

Don’t need the Alexa stuff or noise canceling though so maybe something better at that price point (€79) without those features?

1 Like

Got these and they sound great to me. Only really comparing them to the last pair of headphones I had though which I’ve been really disappointed with.

Watched this yesterday and thought it might be of interest.

Anyone use bone conduction headphones? I’m thinking of moving to these but don’t know much about them.

Anyone?

use them for running. they’re good for hearing traffic and that, they jiggle a bit too much - especially after a bit of a sweat - to not be annoying when listening to music, just use them for podcasts as a result

presumably you can get adjustable ones, mine are just one sized. either way, if you care about ~sound quality~ then I don’t think they’re the best choice, but obvs they have good utility otherwise

1 Like

What @Tuna said.

I use them for cycling, because they allow me to hear what’s going on around me.

I wouldn’t use them for any other purpose, because they allow me to hear what’s going on around me.

Bad sound bleed too.

Great for the specific purpose that I use them for, though.

3 Likes