❤ 💘 🌹 Annual Valentines Day Thread 🌹 💘❤

Are we doing DiS valentines this year?

Any awkward valentines situations yet??!

I bought a coffee from the coffeeworks project on my way in today and the girl who served me wished me a happy valentine’s day. Kind of gave her a frowny partridgeshrug.gif cos I thought it was a bit weird when in actual fact I should’ve just said ‘thank you, you too’ like how a normal human would react.

This has happened to me before on val’s day but at hummingbird bakery. This isn’t a thing now is it? I don’t have to wish retail staff a HVD in response do I?

got a card from my parents

it’s my birthday

happy birthday!!

No I’m sorry that’s weird.

If anyone wishes me a happy valentines day, i’m going to ask them why.

Annoying birthday (no offence)

Happy Valentine’s Day meo!!! Have a lovely day!!!

why are you saying that to me

Think this is a pretty normal thing to say and you shouldn’t be so cynical.

:sob:

It’s like saying HAPPY PANCAKE DAY
or HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

I’m just buying something. You don’t know me and you don’t need to wish me a happy anything.

who else are you saying happy valentines day to unless it’s someone you fancy/love?

I really don’t think it is laelfs but your last point is a very valid one.

forgot to say happy valentines day to the cashier at spar this morning :frowning:

I’m in a different country than her, so I’m not winning any brownie points this year. I did buy this awesome card though and leave it for her.

Woke up in a lady’s bed and was an hour late for work. The waking up there wasn’t awkward, though coming into work was.

I’m not even here for studying and I wish these dudes in this study space would shut up a bit

I kind of want to venture out and observe all the valentinesy things. Or go and buy something over the top, like this -

IMG_5669

And eat them all obviously.

It’s delivered with a rose :blush:

IMG_5668

Have you wished them a HVD?