❤ 😍 VALENTINES DAY THREAD 😍 ❤

I feel like I need to stand up for my principles. If this is the hill I die on, so be it.

“Oh your completely doing nothing for valentines day has really got me in the mood!” - said no woman ever.

1 Like

I don’t celebrate it, and have only grudgingly done it in the past to please other people. I genuinely viscerally hate the whole thing, but I guess I value making other people happy more.

I will be in Vienna that day, which is kind of romantic, but I will be alone. I guess I can romance myself.

1 Like

Always an option.

1 Like

Some things are more important than getting your end away, zxcvbnm. Apparently for me that includes not spending £2.50 on a shit card from a petrol station on the way home from work.

2 Likes

It’s clearly not that time of the year yet.

But you could be the romantic hero and dine out on that for AGES
why wouldn’t you want to?

9 Likes

Cba.

massive fuck up xylo - literally NOBODY likes ballet.

have you even spoke to this woman before?

6 Likes

Says the man posting on an internet message board during the day, in work hours

:wink:

not interested

Absolutely nothing.

I have actually tried to read instead. The problem is I get totally sucked into my book whereas on here it’s easy to switch back and forth :frowning2:

We won’t go out and do anything for it but I usually purchase a cute card and maybe make some samosas or something like that.

My first valentines day with my bf and he was flying back from a golf holiday and was joking all week “I’ve got you golf balls for valentines day” which i thought was just throwing me off the scent. He’d actually got me nothing at all, not even a card. I was devo’d.
Last valentines day he got me a bunch of flowers from my favourite florist (Urban Flower Company FYI) which he has since said I won’t be getting again because they were very expensive.
WHO KNOWS what will happen this year.

too true, i’ve tried pasting chapters of books into word documents before now but it wasn’t for me

I honestly don’t do Valentine’s day. My dad used to get me and my mum a rose each year when I was a kid which was sweet, but I hate it as much as Mothers’ Day and Fathers’ Day etc, everything just feels so forced.

The first couple of years I was with my husband he got really worried that even though I said I hated it, I was actually expecting him to do something for it and I’d get annoyed if he didn’t. Think he’s realised by now though.

We celebrate our anniversary instead as it means a bit more to us (me at least) - this year we’re off to California as a) it’s our first wedding anniversary and b) we did a cheapo 5-day Tenerife jobby for our honeymoon as we didn’t have much time to plan it.

Ok California trumps valentines day. Where are you going?

We often go to the cinema on Tuesdays but probably won’t bother cause the cinema will be full of valentines shite. I’ll probably have a run instead. No time for it at all I’m afraid

Going to use this as an excuse for my annual trotting out of this anecdote: at my old job, the incredibly awkward managing partner got in early one Valentine’s Day to leave a single red rose on the desk of every woman in the office.

But he forgot one.

9 Likes