Heartily recommend the Black Ox Orkestar album if you’re into Constellation Records stuff or just want to hear some nice wintry folk

One of my favourites of the year.

9 Likes

Sounding great. First track reminds me a little of the song in the opening Fargo credits

1 Like

Nice wintry folk?

The_Snowman_poster

I’ll stick to Aled Jones mate

1 Like

I liked the first album but not listened to anything since. I will give it a spin. I used to love the little booklets you got in constellation cds discovered loads of cool bands just by buying the stuff in there that I would never have heard v of otherwise.

3 Likes

It’s a lot more song based than the early two albums I think. Still has traces of that sound though, like this one;

1 Like

Yep, have been really enjoying this album this month. Viderkol (Echo) is a great song.

1 Like

Really enjoying this.

Nicely soundtracking the bleak winter landscape I’m working alongside (a detached family home in suburban Newcastle).

Makes the work im doing feel far more important than the end of year admin it actually amounts to.

1 Like

Very similar for me (except Nottingham)

1 Like

Lovely album this, cheers for the bold recommendation @jordan_229

Glad you enjoyed!

‘Viderkol (Echo)’ reminds me of another song so strongly that I’m angry at myself for not knowing what it is.

FUCK IT’S ‘I SHALL BE RELEASED’ ISN’T IT

This post paid for by PROF$.

Go on then

Do you like the congotronics international album? Totally unrelated to this but reckon you would

1 Like

sound of the summer.

3 Likes

All the lads are loving the black ox orkestar album

2 Likes

I’ll give it a go

Good this

Halloweeny

1 Like