HEAVY HANDED SATIRE - New Forum Redux - NOW WITH IMAGES

The lyrics and music are good, the Scooby Doo villain style evil cackling over the top of it is certainly not.

1 Like

Oops

I’m bored of doing this now.

Enjoyed this one

BOOM, DRONE STRIKE

Not enough to like the original, I note.

From someone called ‘Cold War Steve’ on twitter

Shite

My dad sends me a Cold War Steve once every three weeks or so. He’s absolute catnip for a particular kind of boomer.

1 Like

I think some Coldwar Steves are quite good, when they’re Phil Mitchell and Kim Jong-Un on a caravan park in Cleethorpes or something, there’s a kind of gentle absurdist humour I like. As he’s gone on it’s all got increasingly topical like the one above and it takes the fun out of it.

5 Likes

I used to make cartoons like this on Paint and take the printouts into school when I was 13. By no coincidence whatsoever, back then I didn’t have any friends.

“You see, the world is made for cars. Let me illustrate how dangerous it is for the humble pedestrian with this nonsense:”

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s absolutely no way I’d be leaving the house in that world

2 Likes

Just reminds me of the Coruscant maps in Jedi Knight II, which means that I wouldn’t set foot out there without at least a flechette launcher and some decent force skill leveling

2 Likes

Has been knocking around for a few years. Pretty heavy-handed, but serves a purpose. I quite like it.

2 Likes

Yeah this one is cool. Cars have basically ruined living in a city imo

This graphic shows how children have lost a lot to cars being the dominant mode of travel:

4 Likes

Imagine how far the great-great-grandparent could have wandered :exploding_head:

3 Likes

While I agree that cars are a massive factor in limiting children’s roaming about, I don’t think they’re the only one. Parents get more paranoid with each generation seemingly regarding what level of independence they think is safe, even in car less areas (we were considered weird for letting our kids play independently in a wood when their peers had to be supervised all the time or indoors). Changing social attitudes, culture of fear generally are also to blame imo.

8 Likes