HEAVY HANDED SATIRE - New Forum Redux - NOW WITH IMAGES

Mate, his attacks are best described as being far more powerful than a Supernova!

1 Like

I love characters that are developed out of listening to 12 year olds argue about who the best superhero is.

Sweetcorn legs.
Porthole knees.

1 Like

I thought it was a satire on totalitarianism and the sort of phrases and ideas you see the propaganda machine ascribe to rulers like Kim Jong Il?

WH40K was a rather jokey, beardy satire of Thatcherism, at its inception. Then at some point it became a phenomenon, the Yanks got ahold of it and it became OTT serious enough in that way of theirs for it to be co-opted by pepes.

1 Like

There’s still a large sense of humour running through 40k, it’s not exactly Discworld, but yeah I can see how a bunch of dweebs would misinterpret it to its own ends. The Imperium is obviously fash, but it’s the high camp, baroque Catholic / neo-Classical aesthetic that is the selling point.

1 Like

Same as Judge Dredd, same problem of ‘oh wow this would be awesome!!’ instead of ‘hey wait a minute’

Chaos marines are the true comrades btw

3 Likes

Brexit Yoga

https://twitter.com/ABC_COMEDY/status/1106072466391252992

posters have been going up here for the local elections and some galaxy brain has put up a whole load of these everywhere

makeuthink

8 Likes

Fan of that bite to eat at 80 restaurants policy he’s got though

6 Likes

I quite like “scared of them’uns, vote for us’uns” tbh

3 Likes

I could handle that one on its own yeah

1 Like

[in the spirit of the piece]

I’m sorry, but I cannot understand why Banksy has just done a painting of the normal House of Commons.

1 Like

that’s what you get for not hailing to the chimp

3 Likes

a heavier hand has entered the ring!

absolute heavyweight champion here

bonus points for advertising his antiques shop at the bottom

8 Likes

yeah alright, but…the council…is a different thing…oh forget it

4 Likes

8 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like