(hed) PE - Broke

Let’s face it, it’s one of your favourite albums of all time.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=514830390006703&id=100044392390670

Probably just a repress, but it does provide an excellent reason for us all to revisit one of the finest chunks of Nu Metal. Imo opinion it’s exactly the same album it always was.

4 Likes

Can someone post the video again?

1 Like

One of those albums where you can just hear it’s a band at the absolute peak of their powers. An undeniably great piece of work.

1 Like

12 studio albums, 12!

1 Like

Just image. Had they stopped at two, they might be remembered for their, what some night say is an album, Broke.

1 Like

Didn’t they play crazy legs twice when you saw them

1 Like

They were due to tour the anniversary of this album in 2020. Probably would have travelled 20ish minutes to see it.

1 Like

They certainly did. Can’t believe they didn’t drop it for a 3rd time in the encore tbh.

1 Like

Pretty sure 17 year old me paid £16.99 for this in Andy’s Records and it was absolutely not something he almost immediately regretted

2 Likes

Gladly

4 Likes

To ram an album so full of bangers then finish on a touching little ditty like this? The sign of a truely incredible and ground breaking band

Pretty sure they only played crazy legs once when i saw them :frowning: . What a show though. Probably were supported by One Minute SIlence i imagine

3 Likes

I… I mean, what was that?

1 Like

Was there a nu-metal band they didn’t support? If it wasn’t them, it was Pitchshifter.

1 Like

Can never tell if these nu-metal retrospective threads are:

• done out of genuine fondness
  • complete piss-takes
  • some complex combination of both fondness and disdain
1 Like

you just got WOKE THE FUCK UP. that’s what.

5 Likes

Oh no

personally, i have real fond memories of listening at the time but then absolutely struggle to find many, if any redeeming features these days. I think i have that complex mix of fondness and disdain you mention, but for me 20 years ago, so its hard. Especially when i consider i was seeing plenty of bands i still think are good now as well (like, think i saw Shellac and these in the same week maybe!), but nu metal well suckered me in at the end of the 90s for some reason and it baffles me. Love putting a playlist on in the summer though and having a good laugh.

1 Like

hilary clinton got a fat ol ass and i don’t care about barak osama

Wow!

Always a bit of both for me, leaning more on the fondness as nu metal was a huge gateway genre for me so I hold it in quite an odd high regard.

1 Like