Helen McCrory :frowning_face:

2 Likes

That’s really fucking sad, one of my fave actors :frowning:

Always great in whatever role she was in whether it was a major or minor part. Was walking validation of the saying “there are no small roles, only small actors”.

Great on the stage too. Saw her in the Deep Blue Sea a couple of years ago and it was one of those performances that stays with you.

5 Likes

Really sad news, 52 is no age.
She was incredible as Polly in peaky blinders.

2 Likes

Had no idea she was ill :frowning: One of those actors whose presence always added a touch of class. Just so so sad. As Lo-Pan said, no age. Younger than me ffs

Find this weirdly more hard hitting after Paul Ritter last week too. Both no age at all and still in the prime of their careers really. What a fucking shame, rip.

5 Likes

She was great. A real firework of an actor. Commanded scenes by sheer force of personality. Very entertaining in everything I saw her in. Really sad news.

1 Like

She was one of those actors that was in 3D when everyone around her was in 2D.

1 Like

Oh this is horrendous. Like you I had no idea she even had cancer. She added so much gravitas to whatever she was in, it was such a treat to see her so her thing. I remember seeing an interview where she was sharing pictures of her and her kids and she seemed like such a laugh too.

Always wanted to see her on stage one day. :pensive:

2 Likes

Terrible news. Far too young. Her poor family and friends.
She had such natural presence. I’m sure she could easily have gone on to occupy the roles and venerated position Dench, Walters, Mirren etc occupy now. Huge loss.

2 Likes