Help. I'm broke

Perhaps a poll where people put themselves forward and we all vote for the admins who run it.

@mods

I’ve met @profk and would not trust him as far as I could throw him tbh. Iffy bloke. :wink:

1 Like

Eh? I’m only suggesting. I don’t want responsibility.

attains control of dis emergency fund

‘Rich, meet you down the apple tree in 10 yeah?’

1 Like

See you there. First pint on you yeah?

1 Like

Sorry, yes i definately don’t want responsbility nor am I known enough.

But I’m more than happy to contribute.

It’s just the ideas more than anything.

Well, quite.

Edited to remove a bad idea.

Tomorrow go in and say this to your boss:

Hi Boss, I was looking at my payslips and in

Write down or print out a table with the days you worked and the hours for each. This demonstrates to your boss that you are on top of your admin. It may be that his records are bad, and there’s no malicious intent. See what he says. If he starts being a prick then stay calm and end the conversation. Then you can go away and plot your next moves.

4 Likes

Rich wouldn’t get much in the way of artisan wanker beers for the measly total of the Hardship Fund.

Yeah, this. Basically (from what I can tell) you don’t really have the whole picture here and know exactly what has happened, so I think you should try and ascertain the facts as soon as you can before going down any particular route. Speak to your manager, or call the payroll department if there is one.

If you’ve been underpaid as a result of an error (which happens all the time) then it should all be sorted out quite quickly.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t get much in the way of wanky beers in the apple tree, Haslemere anyway. Grotty pub

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ll do this. I’ll just bring the payslips in and the timetables for those months. It’s gonna be awkward and intimidating though. I feel like I’m supposed to be grateful that I get any money at all.

Turns out I’ll be alright for next month (well, just about), even if I don’t get my money back. It was just a shock seeing my bank balance.

1 Like

If it makes you uncomfortable I would approach it more as trying to understand how the pay system works, than accusing them of ripping you off. It very well may be that if you are just like ‘hey manager, I want to understand how this works, I looked at my pay slips and my wage has gone from X to Y’ he will just say that isn’t how it’s supposed to work and have a proper look at it himself.

Also, please don’t just let this slide because you think you will be ok now. You deserve to at least understand why you have been paid less than you thought.

5 Likes

this is definitely not the attitude to go in with. try and think of it the other way round.

7 Likes

yeah this, or even just “i’m wondering if there’s been a mistake with my pay”

1 Like

remember that you are selling them a slice of your day, so they need to cough up adequate compensation for your time.

3 Likes

Yeah, this. Take the Louis Theroux, “lovely bloke asking naive questions” route. I reckon there’s well over 50% chance that it’s just a cock-up and they’ll resolve it as soon as you highlight it.

2 Likes

What’s the latest, @anon14643532 ?

Haven’t even started work yet

Going in later today. Not looking forward to it :nauseated_face::face_vomiting: