Herb and Spice amnesty thread

bay leaves taste of savoury and can be added to long simmering sauces and curries etc. Bit like a natural MSG.

2 Likes

i don’t even know how to say it

so i say MA JO AM

“Sorry darling, I’m not in the mood this evening. Must have been the marjoram you put in the ???”

4 Likes

I don’t think that’s right.

Sing it to the tune of bowie’s space oddity

Pretty cruel to be a vasodilator AND a controller of sexual desire.

Thread for places where if the next reply was the reply to the last one then it's amusing (rolling)

i know but i don’t care to be quite honest

Thread for places where if the next reply was the reply to the last one then it's amusing (rolling)

oh yeah I’m always needing to vasodilate my meals thanks marjoram

anything you’ve got to take out again after it’s cooked

can’t be fucked with that

I’m not really sure what turmeric is for other than yellow.

1 Like

You’re supposed to put sage in with butter and pop it over fresh pasta

yeah and Rick Stein spent the whole of that India series going on about not using too much of it cos of how strong it is. I guess the stuff we end up getting in the UK is just yellow food colouring but otherwise it tastes really curry-y

1 Like

I’ve got some proper turmeric and you only need about a quarter of a teaspoon, it’s well pungent

cuzzas

you can get fresh turmeric in my local asian supermarket. bought it once and it was a bit of a pain in the arse, but VERY yellow

2 Likes

Coriander seeds. What do they do? I just grind them in with the other stuff like I’m told but I’m unclear on what they’re contributing.

Aye but what’s it adding? Don’t say yellow.

Zesty notes

1 Like

flava

1 Like

Earthiness

1 Like