- “I’m not a fan of the new pound coin, but then again, I hate all change” - Ken Cheng
- “Trump’s nothing like Hitler. There’s no way he could write a book” - Frankie Boyle
- “I’ve given up asking rhetorical questions. What’s the point?” - Alexei Sayle
- “I’m looking for the girl next door type. I’m just gonna keep moving house till I find her” - Lew Fitz
- “I like to imagine the guy who invented the umbrella was going to call it the ‘brella’. But he hesitated” - Andy Field
- “Combine Harvesters. And you’ll have a really big restaurant” - Mark Simmons
- “I’m rubbish with names. It’s not my fault, it’s a condition. There’s a name for it…” - Jimeoin
- “I have two boys, 5 and 6. We’re no good at naming things in our house” - Ed Byrne
- “I wasn’t particularly close to my dad before he died… which was lucky, because he trod on a land mine” - Olaf Falafel
- “Whenever someone says, ‘I don’t believe in coincidences.’ I say, 'Oh my God, me neither!”’ - Alasdair Beckett-King
- “A friend tricked me into going to Wimbledon by telling me it was a men’s singles event” - Angela Barnes
- “As a vegan, I think people who sell meat are disgusting; but apparently people who sell fruit and veg are grocer” - Adele Cliff
- “For me dying is a lot like going camping. I don’t want to do it” - Phil Wang
- “I wonder how many chameleons snuck onto the Ark” - Adam Hess
- “I went to a Pretenders gig. It was a tribute act” - Tim Vine
oh wow, hang on we can do polls now can’t we.
funniest joke of the fringe according to DIS:
- Surely that must have been told before
heard both 9 & 10 before and i’m even sure 9 has been on a fringe joke list
dunno but I think that’s my favourite one
Only six made me chuckle
5, 6 and 8 for me
13 is dreadful
None of these are particularly funny are they? Ed Byrne’s joke has been doing the rounds for years.
some of them definitely don’t work written down
whether they would be any better told aloud idk
I quite like 5, although I’d tell it differently. And not as a one liner.
You might be right there. I’m probably being uncharitable but they seem weaker than previous years.
My favourite from a few years back is the Tim Vine one about him seeing an advert for a state of the art Television which had a broken volume control being sold for a £1. “I thought I can’t turn that down”.
5 and 14 both made me smirk, they both provoked good visuals in my tiny mind.
Tim Vine is normally strong in these kind of things. That one where he’s doing a private gig and bombs despite being basically fiune is so cringe and makes me feel so bad for him
I’ve definitely heard number one numerous times over the years.
9 and 14 are alright
I saw another of these lists which had a joke I quite liked (which I’ve improved upon if I do say so myself):
What’s a centaur’s favourite clothes shop? Topman.
guys i’ve heard every joke the day before you did and three days before Marckee did
I’m pretty sure 3 is in Hamlet anyway.
no one here would know if it was, unless i suppose it was quoted in Mrs Browns Boys or a Deerhoof album