Hey DiS, what's YOUR love language?

Nah you just would suit someone who is ok with reassuring you and also ok with sometimes not being able to reassure you

:+1:

2 Likes

Other than eating ā€œunhealthy foodā€ (which I would hardly call self-destructive), i canā€™t really think of anything particularly self-destructive that I do

Unless occasional anxious self-sabotage counts, which feels more abstract

yeah, i absolutely think itā€™s worthwhile knowing. My tv isnā€™t good with words but now I know how much they matter to me I can tell him that, if heā€™s still not comfortable thatā€™s totally fine but Iā€™ll be able to know why Iā€™m feeling a bit needy and recognising that is great.

1 Like

very wholesome thread this

8 Likes

Yeah, I think I could probably grow into one over time but it would be a difficult few months full of worry for me, sometimes itā€™s exhausting just existing so adapting to a whole new way of life would be very intense I think. Itā€™s all good though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got words of affirmation followed by acts of service

I thought this too, and could feel it affecting my answers.

2 Likes

I demand drinks and will wheel out the tally of drinks received that week when I think itā€™s slipping. My bf often is rushing out the door to go to golf and Iā€™m like MY TEA. Also most of the time I am asleep when he leaves and I have requested a thermos of tea to be left by my bedside on those occasions but so far, no thermos has arrived.
I like my first and last cups of the day to be made by him.

6 Likes

The thermos :smile:

He needs to up his game

1 Like

I think itā€™s just such an adorable idea and would make me very happy. Guess he just doesnā€™t love me! :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Heā€™s going to pee in that Thermos, and heā€™ll be right to do it

Love how self aware this is! :+1:

This is not meant to be sarcastic but reading it back it might read as sarcastic.

Not sarcastic!

Yeah Iā€™m usually cynical about stuff that seems a bit woo-woo as well but I think thereā€™s something in this. Itā€™s a blunt tool but itā€™s a good way to think about how we relate to people in our lives.

This is why I didnā€™t do the quiz for ages, everytime I heard it mentioned I did an eye roll. Then I did it and itā€™s genuinely really helpful to know. I want to get the tv to do it but I feel like itā€™s too soon to be like DO THIS LOVE QUIZ without him thinking Iā€™m the type of person who relishes in doing personality tests.

2 Likes

I think the receiving gifts one can be misread as greed or selfishness but I think itā€™s just a sign that a person appreciates when their loved one is thinking of them when theyā€™re not around. It can be as simple as a partner bringing your favourite chocolate bar back from the shop or a nephew giving you a cool leaf theyā€™ve found.

5 Likes

Dunno

I am up some gigs when those start happening again :+1:

1 Like

Weirdly i got words of affirmation as my top one, but Iā€™m very awkward about saying nice things to people. I guess there can be a difference between how you show love to others and how you want others to show you love - words would be right down the bottom for me for the former, probably

3 Likes

Iā€™m also acts of service (which surprised me) - this is really nicely articulated and resonates a lot with me.

1 Like

Iā€™m the same. Find it so hard to say nice things but am trying to get better at this

1 Like

My love language is pointing dogs out to me :dog::heart:

6 Likes

Can anyone beat my 3% on words of affirmation? I mean I was already aware that the only person whose opinion of me that matters to me is my own, but wow.

3 Likes