Hey DiS, what's YOUR love language?

This is why I didn’t do the quiz for ages, everytime I heard it mentioned I did an eye roll. Then I did it and it’s genuinely really helpful to know. I want to get the tv to do it but I feel like it’s too soon to be like DO THIS LOVE QUIZ without him thinking I’m the type of person who relishes in doing personality tests.

2 Likes

I think the receiving gifts one can be misread as greed or selfishness but I think it’s just a sign that a person appreciates when their loved one is thinking of them when they’re not around. It can be as simple as a partner bringing your favourite chocolate bar back from the shop or a nephew giving you a cool leaf they’ve found.

5 Likes

Dunno

I am up some gigs when those start happening again :+1:

1 Like

Weirdly i got words of affirmation as my top one, but I’m very awkward about saying nice things to people. I guess there can be a difference between how you show love to others and how you want others to show you love - words would be right down the bottom for me for the former, probably

3 Likes

I’m also acts of service (which surprised me) - this is really nicely articulated and resonates a lot with me.

1 Like

I’m the same. Find it so hard to say nice things but am trying to get better at this

1 Like

3 Likes

My love language is pointing dogs out to me :dog::heart:

6 Likes

Can anyone beat my 3% on words of affirmation? I mean I was already aware that the only person whose opinion of me that matters to me is my own, but wow.

3 Likes

33% quality time was my highest scorer, which is pretty accurate. :blush:

3 Likes

On @Epimer’s drink-getting question, it’s pretty rare that either of us does ask the other to get them one, and I certainly wouldn’t if it would actually be an inconvenience to her, rather than just not an inconvenience for me, but there’s something quite nice about being able to trust someone enough to know you can just ask them for a small favour every now and again.

What did you score highly on?

Quality time, with the other two just behind. Frankly there were quite a few questions where my response was “neither thanks”.

Can you teach me please? I want to be an emotional island also

1 Like

I guess I’m making myself sound a bit more psychotic than I actually am. What would be a bit more accurate would be to say that if I do something that I don’t think is a big deal then getting praise for it kind of just washes over me.

1 Like

ACTS OF SERVICE for me. let me bring you my old fish tank, thank you for all your old baby clothes. you’re a wonderful, kind, interesting person, not to mention a total babe :heart:

3 Likes

I really don’t like the whole concept of love languages because (TW: Abuse) my parents had a book about loe languages and there was a whole section about “learning” to take someone back after they were physically abusive to you

Wow, that’s… old-fashioned! I swear I’d never even heard of this concept before today.

Acts of service.

Mainly I think to lift my levels of doing everything. Love people making me tea
Nothing sexier than the sound of the dishwasher being unstacked is there. :wink:

I don’t tell MrS to make me tea but I do say can you put the kettle in as you are passing. Which is a cunningly disguised way of saying the above.
Sometimes he literally just puts the kettle on.🤷

3 Likes

Making Mrs F an unsolicited pot of tea is an absolute guaranteed hit whenever I can be arsed. There is literally no time she won’t want one.

3 Likes