🎮 HFWI: Streets of Rage (Series)

this is the clearly sickest beat in all of gaming though

4 Likes

sorry I lied, it’s this one

1 Like

Pretty much the genre-defining brawler (although I have a lot of love for the Simpsons Arcade and TMNT IV). However the genre isn’t one I’m that into so going 4/5 across the board. Glad they’re finally making a new one, it’s definitely franchise that deserves revival.

1 Like

As someone that is currently playing Yakzua 0 I like what the genre evolved into

Which is this!

I love how fucking insane it is alongside the very serious plot

Hmm, never thought of the Yakuza games as brawlers but I suppose they are. Yakuza always felt like its own completely unique thing to me :thinking:

1 Like

Only played the first one before becoming completely disinterested in gaming but this was ridiculously exciting at the time. The music and visuals were amazing. Only quibble was that it was a bit too easy iirc.

1 Like

Is this the one where you walked along kicking bins and eating whole turkeys by walking through them? 10/10

9 Likes

yes, yes it is!

1 Like

Kung Fu > Double Dragon tho

3 Likes

good how when you were doing co-op you could turn heel on yr pal right at the end

1 Like

the remake some fans did where they combined all three games into one super game with branching paths and unlockable characters and bonus costumes was absolutely fucking brilliant.

Still play that quite a lot

quite fond of the bonus one in tekken 3

1 Like

“CHICKEN!”

2 Likes

sprite work in that game was genuinely beautiful too and way above most/all other 16 bit games

look how evocative the wet pavements and soft neon glow on everything is, work of art

5 Likes

was it canon that this guy breathing fire was because he ate a really spicy curry or did my brother make that up?

3 Likes

deep down I honestly believe that Mega Drive had better games than SNES

3 Likes

I have many happy memories of afternoons spent playing 1&2 with my dad on the Megadrive we borrowed off my uncle. 5/5 for both.

3 was a lazy cash in, sadly. But it’s still 3/5 purely because it was a formula that was hard to get wrong.

1 Like

Lllllleeeerrrrrrrrrooooyyyy Jeeeeeeennnnnkinsssss!!!

Nope.