🎵 HGATR: The First 100 🎵 THE RESULTS (Top 10 starts at post 1372)

86. RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
(32pts, hgatr score - 1.90)

We’re still in the scores where one person could be trolling with a 20 (or like them I guess).

Don’t think it’s unreasonable for someone who grew up with their better albums to give them a point of two.

Not me though.

2 Likes

Wish we’d done Lana before the uproar a few days ago

3 Likes

Yeah they got most of their points from people giving them 6 or 7 tbh. Don’t think anyone had them top.

Feel bad for Madness (didn’t vote for them)

3 Likes

Madness were on my long list, but in the end there were twenty people I liked more

4 Likes

85. MARIAH CAREY
(33pts, hgatr score - 2.32)

2 Likes

84. THE SUPREMES
(33pts, hgatr score - 4.13)

2 Likes

They were my number 21. Felt like I should’ve made room for them but :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Think they fall into the ‘admired but not loved’ category for a lot of people.

1 Like

do you have the number of voters per artist to hand?

No sorry Shrewbs I didn’t record it. Mariah’s wasn’t that many though but a couple of people had her quite high.

2 Likes

Think that there are a LOT of people my age with a big soft spot for Californication - it was out when I was 16 and seemed to soundtrack an awful lot of youthful hijinks.

I didn’t vote for them, but I’m not surprised they got some points.

2 Likes

83. RIHANNA
(40pts, hgatr score - 3.19)

1 Like

82. BLOC PARTY
(41pts, hgatr score - 2.41)

Looking forward to Queen getting into the top 10 and DiS members doing a mass lemming jump off a cliff

11 Likes

I would have included them high up in my top 20 before we had the thread and I realised what a bunch of dicks they are.

This is coming from someone who read Scar Tissue and loved loads of their more problematic songs, but somehow it had never really sunk in. I think I’m just a bit of an idiot and had a blind spot for them.

1 Like

I’d have ditched the whole idea if this had happened.

1 Like

81. THE SPECIALS
(43pts, hgatr score - 3.26)

2 Likes

My list btw

The Clash (20pts)
Bruce Springsteen
The Beatles
The Ramones
Pulp
Prince
Belle & Sebastian