HGATR: The Top 100 - VOTING CLOSED!!!

i was still writing mine and didn’t notice the time :sob:

At which point I realised that I hadn’t used the template and had therefore maybe ranked my artists in reverse

As it’s you…

1 Like

VOTING IS NOW CLOSED

105 voters
4 acts with 0 points
Many talking points
1 winner.

Results will be announced from tomorrow.

16 Likes

Where some artists have scored the same points as each other, their HGATR score will be used to sort out placings if that’s ok with everyone.

4 Likes

Adele
Elvis Presley
Basement Jaxx
RHCP

2 Likes

Would be so DiS if one was Aretha Franklin

9 Likes

Ftfy

5 Likes

I probably wrote my list the wrong way around

1 Like

Aretha is going to languish somewhere at the bottom and there will be hand wringing and gnashing of teeth even though the whole thing is just an inevitable byproduct of the differing ways in which the counting up is done. People are going to use the discrepancy regarding her placing as evidence is how terrible we all are and I’m depressed about it already and it hasn’t even happened yet.

5 Likes

Can’t wait. The hand wringing over this list will be chef’s kiss

7 Likes

Belle and Sebastian are gonna storm it, and the rest of the top 100 is gonna be stood around like Pete Waterman at The Brits

1 Like

Would be interesting to know how highly placed a certain band would have been if we hadn’t all taken those fat packets of cash from George Soros to not vote for them

1 Like

I wouldn’t even say it was a different way of counting. More that it’s two completely different questions. The first is, “how good do you think Aretha Franklin is?” and the second one is basically, “here is a list of 100 artists/bands, including Aretha Franklin. Pick which 20 of these you like the best”. Don’t think it’s that contradictory to say (for argument’s sake) that you think Aretha Franklin is really great, but there may be artists that you prefer listen to if given a choice of 100 to pick from. Shouldn’t be that much handwringing even if Aretha doesn’t rank that highly, I wouldn’t have thought

6 Likes

There’ll be hand wringing, don’t worry about that. Happens in every list, be it something like this, or an AOTY board poll.

Can guarantee something along the lines of the list being too white/male/rock being said.

3 Likes

Some of those are right.

1 Like

can’t wait for the purists to get pissy when Sugababes finish above some shite that you all like

2 Likes

There’ll be more hand-wringing when Bowie and Radiohead finish top two and everyone moans about how boring we are.

4 Likes

Neil Young will win imo

1 Like

ha, totally forgot and somehow missed radiohead when voting.