HGATR: The Top 100 - VOTING CLOSED!!!

Vote made - took more consideration here to how likely I would listen to them so whilst some other artists are obviously better, I’ve made my choices on just listening preference.

51 lists so far. Quite the response!

Shit! Are you okay? Is there any insurance for the laptop? :frowning:

Yeah was just a little shocked, the cage bit just sort of bounced off my head into the laptop. Don’t have insurance but it’s not a massively expensive laptop, gonna try replacing the screen first cuz I think that was the only damage. Gonna try and hook it up to a TV via HDMI to check but I reckon its otherwise fine.

1 Like

Ah yeah, a TV should be fine and it’s good if your laptop has an HDMI port. My new work one does, all previous Lenovos needed a mini-display port adaptor which is cheap and breaks really easily so I think I’ve gone through four in the last 3 years.

Replacing the screen is probably pretty simple, yeah. Likely find one on ebay for not much. Not sure of your make but all I’ll say is that Lenovo went through a period of offering the same laptop make, i.e. W520 but with two different screen resolutions. So make sure you’re checking the resolution is the same.

Probably a PDF online somewhere that the repair guys use to fix stuff, although that can depend on how old the laptop is.

Massively off topic.

Is there a Dark Souls / Soulsbourne (Gaming) HGATR or has there been?

Ridiculous how much I’m enjoying these games. Pre-lockdown I’d never have the time or patience. I can’t even post on the Dark Souls thread right now which is a first for me as I’ve posted 10 times in a row. That’s no criticism, I just get enthused with stuff on occasion. That thread is fantastic.

I know my laptop (which is a Lenovo :sweat_smile: did I tell you that or did you guess or was it just an example?) does work with the HDMI cuz I was using it the other day and I don’t see why that would have been damaged.

By the looks of it the model I have just has the one screen, ordered off eBay for 30ish quid. There’s video tutorials for doing it though the TV will likely take this on, she loves tasks/challenges like this :smile:

Sorry I mean this thing

It breaks so easily. It’s HDMI to Mini-DisplayPort which was the standard on loads of Lenovos - maybe the businessy end of the ranges though? But yeah for my wife’s and my old one, we need to use this. My new one is pure HDMI which is a relief.

I didn’t know you had a Lenovo btw but there are only a few brands people end up with anyway it seems like in recent years Dell has sort of disappeared to be replaced by Lenovo as the default so it’s probably no surprise you have one (they’re a good brand, TBF).

1 Like

Well we’ve done rank orders of the games within the thread itself but not specifically HGATR no. Could see if there was appetite but would be a bit more niche than the music HGATRs

1 Like

There was a games hgatr but I can’t remember who ran it. @anon73286315 I think.

3 Likes

I voted :ballot_box:

1 Like

Yeah, How Fun Was It.

@midnightpunk you want this tag

https://community.drownedinsound.com/tag/hfwi

There are also ones by @AQOS for TV but can’t recall the form

3 Likes

List submitted. Tricky!

@anon19035908 i’d like to see a parallel one just totting up the amount of times they appear- same value for artist scoring 20 points as 1 point. this is normally done in the dis end of year movies and albums. don’t know how much of a mission it would be to do.

2 Likes

I’ll see what I can do after voting closes. I’ve only been adding the points to running totals for each act as they come in so don’t have stats on number of appearances, but I’ll definitely do it if I can be bothered!

1 Like

Up to 62 entries. Very interesting standings at the moment. Sorry I can’t reply to every individual message but thanks for all the nice things you’re saying :heart:

3 Likes

Funky’s fanclub :wink: You’ll need admin staff!

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know we were allowed to say nice things in the messages too! Sorry for just sending my cold hard list! :heart:

6 Likes

Sometimes cold and hard is bett… abandons post

2 Likes

ringo-starr-fanmail-video-1499445551-list-handheld-0

5 Likes