📺 How Good Was it Really: F.R.I.E.N.D.S. 📺

I don’t know who that is.

I’m talking about if it was someone who was really into lizards or something

It was a thread talking about those who try and make political allegories/metaphors/similes related to Harry Potter all the time, making it look like they’ve never read any other books.

It’s not worth reading.

1 Like

mqdefault

1 Like

What it actually meant in the original context was people who relate everything to HP under all circumstances. Iirc the original example was someone at a restaurant talking at their date about it even though the other person said they weren’t interested in it. You know, like football fans do when they talk about the game last night.

No, it could not.

Go on, kick it over 1,000 posts

Aye, perfect actually. If The Friends suddenly had a Mark Heap character as one of the core group it would be good.

5 Likes

i shitposted in there a lot but bear in mind i can’t even remember what my opinion is about harry potter so don’t think i actually believe any of it

1 Like

I don’t read books so I think that’s all the evidence you need for that theory

Wow literally no one had already said it. Incredible. It’s the first thing that gets mentioned when anyone discusses the show!!

Oh. Dawn Summers was Buffy’s sister and turned up in the fifth series of BtVS. The wiki entry sums it up better than I could:

Dawn was introduced at the start of the fifth season as part of a large in-story retcon: Characters accepted Dawn’s presence as if she had always been there, and as if Buffy always had a sister, with only the audience aware that this was not the case. As the series went on, the significance of Dawn’s arrival is revealed to the series’s other characters, and they come to understand that she has not always been Buffy’s sister, or indeed a sentient being; Dawn had originally been the mystical “key” to unlocking dimensions and was made into Buffy’s sister so the Slayer would protect her. Dawn is, however, a real girl, Buffy’s biological sister, and has real memories of her fictional childhood.

3 Likes

That’s fucking great. Love that sort of thing.

1 Like

They proved it with science, maaaaan

You know who is just a love machine? Bruce Willis. It’s Bruce Willis

That would have been funny. They should have given said character a big build up with everyone suddenly asking, “where’s Harry?” all of a sudden and everyone watching is wondering who Harry is and yet they keep talking about Harry like he’s just the best and they miss him being around with no explanation then after several episodes of this Harry turns up and he’s just really quiet and a bit of a git.

1 Like

who are they? big literature?

Wow this thread has really taken a crazy turn.
You’ve gotta laugh eh?

Maybe not?

2 Likes

man this was so good

There is no big literature anymore, the supermarkets killed it and Amazon dances on its grave

1 Like

War and Peace?

1 Like