šŸ“ŗ How Good Was it Really: F.R.I.E.N.D.S. šŸ“ŗ

I literally remember very little of the supporting cast besides the punchlines and the two prominent ones, they were pretty bad at writing supporting cast of characters werenā€™t they?

2 Likes

you were right the first time

In fairness, heā€™s the funniest one when you ignore his creepiness and entitlement

2 Likes

Cant give it a 5 as it wouldnā€™t even make my top 5 90s sitcoms. But it was very funny and i still find it funny now, although inevitably some of it has dated pretty horribly. 3.5 but ill be generous and give it a 4, for ross mainly.

4 Likes

Culturally important in all of the wrong ways, it stands as a testament to the pre Internet era of humanity in a way many other shows canā€™t claim to, because it didnā€™t reflect life but instead was so ubiquitous and successful it changed life which turned to reflect it.

Sexual politics are absolutely all over the place. Gender roles are insane. Fat shaming is basically a key part of the fabric of the show. As is transphobia.

But it gave us Ms Chanandaler Bong.

4 Likes

If Ross wasnā€™t in the show there would be very fewā€¦ if any highlights throughout its entire run. Heā€™s unlikable but then again, they all are.

• On a break
  • Not on a break

0 voters

1 Like

The Mighty Boosh being ahead of LOST has successfully irked the shit out of me. Youā€™re all dickheads, cheers x

20 Likes

Youā€™re welcome chief :smiley: I dont even like boosh much and I rated it above Lost

5 Likes

Just remembered the british episodes. Down to 3.

2 Likes

Milky Joe episode of Boosh was a far more realistic portrayal of being stranded on an island

16 Likes

do you think people in the UK drank coffee before friends?

5 Likes

Only instant

7 Likes

It got rubbish but the early series are really great and still hold up surprisingly well.

Stole a lot from Seinfeld though

2 Likes

Had a better and more rewarding pay off as well. Basically it covered more ground in 30minutes than Lost did in 5 years

4 Likes

probably half the reason Iā€™m uneasy about getting a proper coffee now

1 Like

A solid reminder how CRAP the supporting cast was in addition to the main six chumps

Six sociopaths waiting for their turn to speak

5 Likes

but enough about DiSā€¦

30 Likes

Penn Jilette