đŸ“ș How Good Was it Really: Sex and the City đŸ“ș

Never seen it. As always though, I hope that the community members who enjoyed this programme have a fun time discussing it here in “HGWIR: Sex and the City”

10 Likes

It is however, always fun to watch a programme where the lead actors clearly despise each other.

1 Like

pete

Absolute shite. Easy 1. Leaving commentary.

1 Like

never seen this
give me some youtube clips to watch

I don’t think it was written to be critiqued by anyone years later.

Your opinion isn’t invalid.

3 Likes

A fun, easy show to watch, undoubtedly helped women by making certain topics more acceptable to discuss. Obviously doesn’t stand up to today’s moral expectations but then again the show is what, 20 years old?

And the answer is always Big. The heart wants what the heart wants. Even if he’s a dickhead. 4/5

1 Like

Need to rewatch it really as my teen viewing of Living marathons was fairly basic/unproblematic and I was very ignorant about virtually everything (aged 15, but probably aged 12 mentally). I was mostly there for the fashion but found a lot of the outfits pretty horrible.

I did enjoy it a lot and its legacy is undeniable (where would I be without being able to be a vocal perv??), but Carrie made it almost unwatchable at times and idk how I would feel about it on a second viewing. Still a 4 tho.

1 Like

To be honest I don’t really have one, I thought it was alright, not that good and not that bad. I don’t really have anything to add to the discussion.

1 Like
3 Likes

Never watched it but it’s one of those things that I know is important. It’s the first show I can remember where the female characters had actual careers and sex lives that weren’t based around them trying to find husbands so they could start families.

There was quite a bit of that as well though

3 Likes

Only properly seen the first film and it was appalling, but lots of TV shows don’t translate well to a film format. Seen lots of bits of the TV show and it seemed much better, Samantha is hilarious and Kim Cattrall is a great actress.

Second only to his rant about Entourage

1 Like

You need to watch Holiday On The Buses, m8

1 Like

I started a thread on this topic not that long ago and it was proved to me that there are a lot of good films that spinoff from TV, but I will maintain that SATC was not one of them.

1 Like

Carrie, obvs.

Used to really like it when it was on channel 4. Would have been about 13/14 when I was watching so who knows how good it really was. I read it’s got some well dodge stuff but at the moment I can’t really remember any storylines apart from Samantha being ill and Kyle Mclachlan’s weird mum.

Wonder if it had some influence on how much I enjoy things about rich people doing rich people stuff. WASPY fashion chat is something I find enjoyable.

Berger was the worst!!

1 Like

Sorry but you’re wrong.

The reason why the film was so good was that it was pure nostalgia. I was giddy went I first saw it. Still giddy on the 5th or 6th viewing now.