šŸ“ŗ How Good Was it Really: The Big Breakfast šŸ“ŗ

When I think back to the BB I just think of Chris Evans running about shouting ā€œWahey!ā€ a lot. Zig and Zag were great though.

I remember David Baddiel joking that it was a good job that Chegwin gave up drinking as 'Cheggars canā€™t be boozers" ā€¦

2 Likes

It was certainly a show that I watched.

I preferred itv when they went to Majorca and would broadcast from the beach between saved by the bell.

I remember someone from school saying they fancied Donna Air, so I was like ā€˜yeah I fancy Donna Air tooā€™ but I didnā€™t know who she was and I didnā€™t have the internet to find out.

My then-nine-year-old brother saw Cheggers walking around in Homebase once and dad encouraged him to go and get his autograph.

Brother ran up to him and said CAN I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH, CHIEF KEGWIN?

5 Likes

He got quite grumpy with us, although it probably was a bit annoying to see two coachloads of architecture students turn up on Holy Island just as he was about to start talking about the eerie, quiet nature of it all.

bit too young for it iā€™m afraid. was 11 when the final one aired and would have been watching cartoons in the morning before school anyway

Has anyone mentioned the hype around its successor RI:SE at the time?

What a terrible programme that was.

3 Likes

Pretty firm believer that the news and cricket are the only things that should be watched on TV before midday.

Only memory of it was my American boyfriend at the time being amazed at how sedate and boring breakfast TV was in the UK

Mustā€™ve been impressed by Mark Durden-Smithā€™s jawline though. Thatā€™s the sort of stuff Americanā€™s like!

1 Like

Bloody love van Outen. Absolute GBOL, imho.

1 Like

He came in my shop last summer. Spoke to him about cider for a bit but he didnā€™t buy any. Fuck him and his jawline.

His jawline isnā€™t as sharp as it was on account of him being significantly heavier then back in his pomp when he was dooming C4 breakfast television to the dustbin. Liz Bonnin was on a documentary about cats I watched relatively recently mind you.

In short - yes, fuck him.

Heā€™s Judith Chalmersā€™ son!

Did I know that? I mustā€™ve known that. Surely.

1 Like

Daaaaaaannnnnny Baaaaaaakkkkkkkeeeeerrr

Heā€™s great

2 Likes

I was at the very least exposed to the information - it was down to me to remember it.

(Who the fuck is Judith Chalmer lol)

Sheā€™s the ITV Holiday person, no?

Judith Chalmers is, yes. I was mocking the grammar of Balonz in that thread that marckee linked to.

1 Like