📺 How Good Was it Really: The Sopranos 📺

Never finished the Sopranos tbh, found it decent but not captivating. Quite middlebrow.

3 Likes

What no fucking ziti now?

“What, was it barking?”

:joy:

2 Likes

Furio

16 Likes

Never really got absorbed in it. Edie Falco is great though

1 Like

oh my god, this is it, the big kahuna, I’m flustered, hang on…wait…oh god no…my takes! my spicy takes! others are making them! noooooo!

5 Likes

Rides into town like some Vishnu come lately

1 Like

love bobby and his trains

22 Likes

Georgie

3 Likes

Would be really nice if you mentioned what the last programme you added to the spreadsheet was. It’s quite a lot to take in with so many on it now. Just a thought…

I have watched five or six episodes of season one. It seems really boring and I dislike any Mafia-related media so I have voted accordingly.

Amazing writing and acting. Probably the first serial drama I got into.

1 Like

the food always looks go good, no way you can watch this show on an empty stomach

2 Likes

in all honesty it’s my fave. it depicted depression in a way i had never seen before, it was more about the ambient paint of modern life than the mafia, real heads know the best stuff was the things that went unsaid, the seemingly directionless nature of the plotting where everything happened deep beneath the surface, all the performances were great but jim gave one of the best ever in any medium, and the sheer weirdness of it, the idiosyncratic ways people behaved, how stuff went nowhere and that was the point, the sly comedy, the lies and corruption bringing everyone deeper into the darkness…so genius. mad men runs it a close second for similar reasons.

11 Likes

Ralphie cifaratto was a grade a c

But I use two of his cooking tips

1.mix a lil bit of the gravy with pasta and butter and stick in on the gas and stir for 45s
2. Sour cream in eggs

2 Likes

Nuts that David Chase was inspired by this innit.

Oh man, that scene with Tindersticks playing and him in the bathroom. Incredible.

4 Likes

Big fan of his love of technical jackets and hi-vis, too.

2 Likes
3 Likes

it was such a realistic depiction of the tacky violent drudgery of the mafia that the real new jersey family though hbo had a rat in their crew

1 Like