📺 How Good Was it Really: The Sopranos 📺

season 6 is actually very different, for better and for worse

yeah if it is finished now then I’ll add it to the list

2 Likes

was alright, bit boring though. don’t think I ever finished it. how good was the wire though? bloody brilliant, almost as good as the bill

4 Likes

I might just post up a few characters so we can all have a think about how great they are

Janice

6 Likes

easily a 6 or 7 (out of 5)

4 Likes

Probably gonna mute the thread 'cos the firey takes will just irritate me.

No duff characters, no duff performances, great writing, great soundtrack, great finale.

The arcs of Junior and Carmella in particular are amazing.

Gets some justifiable criticism for being a bit formulaic in the early series - introduce new psychopath, deal with new psychopath - but it was always much more about the stuff around that. And that was ace. The dream sequence stuff was the low point, for defs.

Stand out episodes:
Pine Barrens - “he was an interior decorator”. Funniest episode.
Employee of the month - had me screaming at the telly for Melfi to tell Tony. Not sure what that says about me.
Whitecaps - That break up scene.

3 Likes

How Gi Wet Iour Rother

Food scenes spinoff.

6 Likes

Never finished the Sopranos tbh, found it decent but not captivating. Quite middlebrow.

3 Likes

What no fucking ziti now?

“What, was it barking?”

:joy:

2 Likes

Furio

16 Likes

Never really got absorbed in it. Edie Falco is great though

1 Like

oh my god, this is it, the big kahuna, I’m flustered, hang on…wait…oh god no…my takes! my spicy takes! others are making them! noooooo!

5 Likes

Rides into town like some Vishnu come lately

1 Like

love bobby and his trains

22 Likes

Georgie

3 Likes

Would be really nice if you mentioned what the last programme you added to the spreadsheet was. It’s quite a lot to take in with so many on it now. Just a thought…

I have watched five or six episodes of season one. It seems really boring and I dislike any Mafia-related media so I have voted accordingly.

Amazing writing and acting. Probably the first serial drama I got into.

1 Like