Hi sean, can we talk about your comparison of "Corbynistas" to "Trump stans"?

@sean

17 Likes

13 Likes

Sugar is a silent killer.

1 Like

HERE WE, HERE WE, HERE WE FUCKING GO

This post paid for by PROF$.

11 Likes

wow thats a proper shite take with some extremely surface level reasoning

26 Likes

From sean???

10 Likes

season 7 fan GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

5 Likes

is this a skirmish which will silence an inconvenient truth…?

11 Likes

Can I move this to News & Politics?

I think one of the reasons we made that board was that a bunch of members didn’t want to have politics in the ‘lighter’ environment of Social.

2 Likes

centrist bullshit

3 Likes

the Johnny Depp comparison feels quite tasteless

41 Likes

people leap to the defence of Corbyn because to attack him is an attack on his fans

well yes, because we share his political views such as redistribution of wealth

but you really can’t say that Depp and Trump fans defending those two is the same

5 Likes

Not sure it’s “News and Politics” so much as “btw the site founder thinks that a bunch of you have a lot of similarities with a violent white supremacist group with full fascist tendencies”

26 Likes

‘wanting a fairer society is the same as defending abusers’

i mean one look at the Depp discussion on this board would show that to be an absolutely wild comparison to make

17 Likes

Not sure Corbynistas even exist. Seems to be a made up term by the right to imply wanting a fairer society and not actually accepting every smear against Corbyn at face value makes you a crank.

13 Likes

Alright MAGA!!

1 Like

No, but the impression I got from discussions previously was that some people simply didn’t want Social board to be about this sort of thing. I am just raising it.

1 Like

amazing any of us continue to vote considering

1 Like

i mean it’s much easier to pretend a left wing movement is simply a cult of personality devoted to one man because then it’s much easier to simply refuse to engage with it

allows you to pretend to be left wing without having to engage with any left wing ideas or vote for any left wing MPs

18 Likes