Hi there neighbour

Where abouts do you live?

This might have to be a separate thread - “famous” neighbours. On my road we have the man who played Chalkie in Quarophenia, who was also in High Hopes, Vera Drake, Poldark, Whitechapel and others.

New Cross reprazent :fist:

1 Like

Not quite the same, but some friends of ours bought Richard Armitage’s house down the road when he moved to LA to be a famous screen person after the Hobbit films…

1 Like

Only been in my place a couple of months and not seen much of them, but I’d seen the girl from the flat opposite on the landing a few times (usually gassing on her phone whilst wearing not much) and nodded politely. Bumped into her in the car park on Sunday; she was unloading a shedload of stuff she had just bought and lugging it up the stairs so I gave her a hand. Spent about 10 mins to-ing and fro-ing to get it all shifted. Turns out she’s off to Sheffield to uni in a few weeks. Nice kid

you mean this guy?

Sam Tomkins. And various other rugby league players (who I don’t really know).

We’re on a corner so only really have neighbours directly on one side. They’re pretty nice, say hi and the kids are older and pretty friendly. Mum is a chronic online shopper so we often accept parcels for them but she’s pretty good at popping around before or after the kids bedtime so she knows the score really.

We have other people we chat to and say hi to opposite and behind but otherwise it’s fairly quiet.

My aunt and uncle live a few doors down from Trevor McDonald, and round the corner from Tim Vine.

1 Like

literally not a clue

Live in the ground floor flat of an old 2 floor Edwardian terrace. Woman who lives above is a total recluse. She’s only in her early 40s and she’s a corporate lawyer in the City. Pretty perfect person to live below (she never has anyone round, only very rarely leaves the flat) but it’s a bit odd. Last month I saw her for the first time in over a year and a half and we literally share the same front door (to the street obvs, not our individual flats).

Thanks for letting us all take a look in your WANK BANK. ‘Nice kid’ my eye! :smirk::wink:

4 Likes

I’m not that friendly with them.

1 Like

don’t like my new yuppie one in my new yuppie place , he’s not friendly and blasts music really early and really late which I don’t mind but is INCONSIDERATE
and he’s a yuppie

and he’s got a horrible doormat that I hate having to see

1/10

To the left we have an ex semi-professional footballer from the late 80’s/early 90’s and his wife. He played with Dundee and Falkirk and Ayr, I think. Really nice folks! Like a bevvy!
To the right we have a couple about the same age as us. They are brilliant and look after the alpacas and goats for us when we are away.
Great bunch o neighbours.

1 Like

Used to live in a flat below someone that used to play the Adhan at 4am every morning, which sometimes woke me up. Quite liked it tbh - very relaxing.

At my age?!
:open_mouth:

Hi there neighbour

1 Like

Not great in my neck of the woods. One side: party boy who’s soirees are soundtracked by constant shouts of, “OI OI!” Doesn’t sound like they actually do anything else and that makes me a little depressed. Other side is a couple who scream at each other constantly. Well, it’s usually the chap with anger issues shouting stuff like, “fuck you you fucking fuck!” Walls are really thin so we end up shouting it too to shut him up. Police are round occasionally.

This is all still better than where I lived before, where my neighbours keyed my car a lot for parking in their ‘spot’ on the public road. Used to frequently lose my wing mirrors as well. Also lots of drunken screaming, but that was usually pretty funny. One time some drunken guy was hammering on a door endlessly, hollering all sorts of profanities, and then the punchline finally arrived when he croaked in defeat, “Daaaaaad, let me IN you cunt!”

1 Like

Family home: Brian next door is great, Chelsea fan so he brings the bants. Has recently purchased a canoe! Val is less friendly. The two girls are the same age as my sister roughly. One of them was best mates with her at school.
On the other side are the Goths. Never spoken to them.

My house: on one side is cat lady. She’s alright but her cat has fleas and always comes round ours.
Other side is angry shouty psycho man. He owns the house but rents it out. Some new people moved in and after a week he was shouting at them to get the fuck out and stuff. He also shouts at us to shut the fuck up when we’re not even being that loud/playing music or something but it’s at a socially acceptable hour. He is good friends with the hippies next door but one.
The hippies: sell fruit and veg and smoke loads of weed. They also have really loud arguments and call each other a murderer(should I call the police?)