High Fives

When was the last time you gave someone a high five?

• Never
  • Today
  • This week
  • This month
  • This year
  • This decade
  • This lifetime

0 voters

When was the last time you asked for a high five?

• Never
  • Today
  • This week
  • This month
  • This year
  • This decade
  • This lifetime

0 voters

Please share your high five related anecdotes with the class.

e.g. At a comedy gig I did last week, a comedian arrived late who I don’t think likes me. When he arrived, he did the whole hello to everyone and did hugs / air kisses / handshakes / all that sort of thing. When it came to my turn, I don’t know what came over me, but before I let my conscious mind think about it, I put my fist out. I’m not a fist bump kind of guy, and when I realised what I’d done, I kind of froze, wanting to change my hand shape as quickly as possible but without losing face. The other guy looked a bit surprised since he had his palm upwards for a high five (what a dick, he’d clocked me as a high five guy after THREE air kisses for other people). There were a couple of seconds where we were just standing there, me pointing my fist at him, and him blocking it with an open palm a few centimetres away. Then without a word he just wrapped his had around my fist and said “I win”, which made it clear that, yes, he did. He later died in Balcombe after trying to high five a train. This was in 1066.

15 Likes

I’d die without high 5s

Are you powered by hand contact?

2 Likes

Yes. Call me johnny high 5

what a power move :sunglasses:

10 Likes

Potw nom 2 @Joke

2 Likes

I have recently joined a sports team for the first time in 15 years, and it turns out high-fiving is unavoidable and also possibly good.

4 Likes

Right no more or it would be greedy

I play volleyball and at the end of the session everyone high fives each other, but we’re spread over two courts and there’s 16 of us. Sometimes I miss some people and worry that it’s a major faux pas to do so.

I think I’ve asked to high five dogs a couple of times. People? No.

2 Likes

I’m more of a low three kind of guy

We also shake hands with the opposition and I regularly worry I’ve missed someone, or worse that I’ve shaken their hand twice. It’s a minefield.

2 Likes

Had to do a high five last night as it goes and I was thinking after that I couldn’t remember the last time I had to do one. Caught me off guard somewhat.

i’m trying to bring back the low five

gimme five
on the side
up above
down low

You were fast enough

2 Likes

got my nephew with this

he was NOT happy about it, let me tell you

4 Likes

Just a fuckload classier isn’t it?

(I mean, I’ve gone and overcomplicated things with a grading system but that’s only because I’m really cool)

1 Like

High fives are great motivators for four years olds. There are many high fives in my life.

Last time I high fived an adult though? Who knows.

2 Likes

Look at the elbow, etc
Tell you what ma0sm, I high five myself most days. Nice little reward for when you’ve done something well, or guessed exactly when the toaster is gonna pop up or whatever.
Left hand out, “high five, me!”, bring the right one over, “nice one, me!”
Thoroughly recommend

6 Likes

Refusing to believe anyone has managed to do this. It’s not possible. No matter how many years you’ve been trying; spinning round and firing your finger pistols at the toaster hoping it pops at that exact moment.