High Tea

Yes! In Vancouver and in Victoria, while vacationing in British Columbia, and a few times in San Francisco. Nice to do every so often.

1 Like

Do you mean high tea or afternoon tea because those are two quite different things. Need to know before I give my answer.

1 Like

Took one of my close pals for afternoon tea at a posh hotel as a well done! On passing her PGCE a few years ago. They accidentally poured us extra prosecco so we had free prosecco… I love sandwiches and cake. So great. Overpriced for what it is though.

Me and @avery went for afternoon tea in Windsor once too (thanks Groupon) for a date. It was a lovely date.

2 Likes

I have been for many a high tea. My fave being at the grand hotel in Nuwara Eliya, Sri Lanka. Then we got pissed in the gin room and my bf got to play snooker against one of the people who works there just to play snooker with people in the bar.

just sign into your normal account pal

What’s the difference?

1 Like

My pal used to work at the Pump Rooms in Bath by the Roman Baths so used to get free afternoon/high tea sometimes on quiet weekdays. Big fan, as long as you plan to stop for a burger or something on the way home.

1 Like

High Tea is shit

Height of the table.

Oooh lets have some tea and some mini sandwiches and cakes.

Fuck off

1 Like

I like all of those things though

1 Like

fuck off

Never know how it works - I’ve I’ve had lunch at lunchtime there’s no way I wanna eat a weird tiered platter of bread and cakes at 3-5pm.

Even if I did, what happens to my dinner, do I have to eat that at midnight like some Spanish freakazoid?

Not for me thanks.

I understand high tea to be dinner served early in a posh place (usually for kids who eat before adults)

Afternoon tea is the scones and cakes stuff

?

1 Like

High tea = a main meal with tea and scones or maybe cake on the side

Afternoon tea is one of those towers of mini sandwiches and scones and mini cake and tea and maybe prosecco

2 Likes

You have a massive breakfast then tea around 3 or 4 x

3 Likes

So I’m going to assume you meant afternoon tea, which I bloody cannot get enough of. I’d eat afternoon tea every day if I could. I’ve had some amazing ones in fancy places - although I took my mum to the Ritz and the quality of food was a little underwhelming.

Best value/relaxed one was Cup Tea Lounge in Glasgow if any Scottish dissers want a recommendation.

Any dissers want to eat afternoon tea hit me up

1 Like

I had no idea there was a difference.

Thanks for the education!

You’re welcome ma0sm - this can be your new fact for the day

1 Like

Petit fours >>>>>>>afternoon tea