Highest and lowest

Literally highest and lowest you’ve been whilst still on terra firma?

Highest - 3,842m (aiguille du midi, mt blanc massif)

Lowest - 432m below sea level (dead sea shore, israel)

is this a drugs thread?!

10 Likes

No idea about the highest but lowest was Badwater Basin, Death Valley was 282ft below sea level. There was a plaque and everything.

1 Like

Dead sea will be same for me

Highest…hmm…2000m Schynige Platte in Switzerland

1 Like

Lowest, the dead sea.
Highest 5,100m crossing Bolivia to get to the salt flats. Watching people getting spontaneous nose bleeds and vomiting was nasty. I was fine though. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Highest, hargeisa which is 1344m elevated
Lowest, -1 below sea level because I dont think I’ve gone deeper than that in the sea or anywhere with low elevation

Btw hargeisa is sub saharan with high elevation which makes for the NICEST weather, a little bit hot but sunny and ery fresh and breezy, around 25-32 degrees the summer that I went. Beautiful weather I miss it a lot

1 Like

Jeez. I felt pretty spaced out at 3800. Not sure how id cope much higher than that.

Oh, so it is a drugs thread

2 Likes

probably a plane, and sometime I laid on the floor

2 Likes

I’d been at altitude for about a week so I was pretty much used to it. I came up slowly on a bus from sea level. The stories of people flying into La Paz are not for the fainthearted :open_mouth:

1 Like

Unsure for certain but I think:

Highest - Snowdon
Lowest - probably somewhere in the Fens

1 Like

H: 1345m - Ben Nevis
L: No idea

1 Like

Highest - Ruinaulta in Switzerland

Lowest - Dead Sea in Israel

1 Like

Probably

Col du Tourmalet - 2115m
Sea level

1 Like

No idea of the lowest, thought sea level was as low as it goes. Is either of London or Glasgow’s underground railways that go underneath the respective river below sea? One of them if so.

Highest is Scafell Pike. Didn’t like it, too many people. Go up a smaller one with fewer people for a much nicer day out.

1 Like

Lowest is the Lowest Point on Earth Museum in Jordan. Not gonna beat that.

Highest I’m not sure, somewhere in the French Alps probably. Or Austria.

1 Like

More of you have been to the Dead Sea than maybe I would have expected. Not sure why I expected this?

Im afraid thats only 405m below sea level

1 Like

What a swizz! I bobbed about in the dead Sea too tbf

2 Likes

Either the Channel Tunnel or an old iron ore mine I went down in Germany are probably the lowest. I used to ski as a kid so somewhere in the alps is probably highest!

1 Like