His Dark Materials

Really like the art deco Catholic-Fascist style they’ve given the Magisterium scenes

7 Likes

The actor who plays the head of the Magisterium is Dafne Keen’s father! Mind blown!

2 Likes

This is really good now

2 Likes

ruth wilson is an gigantic ham

I don’t care for Lee Scorseby

2 Likes

Whatevs

1 Like

Will and Lyra walk into a cinema screen when the film is already well underway, start chatting about popcorn and then Will pulls his phone out? Scum, subhuman scum. I’d have shopped them in a heartbeat.

9 Likes

Yer man Miranda is a terrible actor

7 Likes

The bit where he shot the lad at the observatory had some of this going on.

4 Likes

I think they invented that scene with him and Ruth Wilson just to give him something to do, I’d rather they hadn’t

Do you think HBO forced him on the producers of this to get the funding?

He is very much a musical actor, he is quite clearly very good at what he does it’s just what he does isn’t this.

I actually don’t know who should play Lee Scoresby really there aren’t any western style actors left Timothy Olyphant, maybe?

2 Likes

Good god yes

7 Likes

When I read the books, Lee Scoresby was always Sam Elliott in my head. He may be a bit too old now I suppose, but I reckon he could still pull it off.

5 Likes

Tim Blake Nelson

2 Likes

I’m a couple of episodes behind, reckon it’s a bit pony tbh. Confused by a lot of the choices. Mary Malone seems decent though, not like I imagined her but it works.

Disappointed to see you aren’t taking your GoT stance and refusing to watch.

You have disappointed me greatly.

Way way too old but yes, clearly Pullman wrote the character fresh from another viewing of The Big Lebowski

2 Likes

Not sure if I like this very much but I’ll stick with it I suppose

(possible spoilers for the next episode) I really hope they ditch Will’s wound which will not heal thing - found that very unpleasant and kind of unnecessary (I think, maybe?)

Have been largely ok with the differences from the books but Sir Charles Latrom driving a Tesla is just too much.

6 Likes

He would’ve been great!