Hmm, a truck just drove through a crowd in Stockholm about 15 mins ago

Swedish Prime Minister is saying one person has been arrested.

weird thing about the truck

it belongs to the beer company Spendrups and was delivering beer to a restaurant down the street and according to Spendrups the driver was unloading when someone just jumped into the cab and drove it off into the crowd

sounds like a proper impulsive psychotic event

yep

I guess. Unless that truck does that same delivery every day or few days and the driver always leaves it unlocked with the keys in?

well, in that area anyone could have their pick of about 20 vehicles at any given time tbh

there’s also mobile footage of the arrest online

Yeah fair enough. I guess it could be planned on that basis, then?

Reading reports that the truck was hijacked earlier in the day so the driver could have been at large for awhile

:frowning: Driver’s probably going to feel horrible about it

Yeah, I suppose

well anyway, seems like they arrested the guy, though could be anyone guess - or at least the culprit wasn’t shot dead at the scene

maybe we’ll get some answers

on the other hand there are rumours of gunshots & explosions elsewhere in the city 
but you always get these rumours when people are spooked

1 Like

I think they said it had been hijacked earlier in the day?

yeah, my mistake - I was listening to an earlier report that was a little confused

Lots of confusing stuff at the moment. Keep hearing new ‘reports’ of new shootings, lots of confusion and panic around.

yep

reports of an explosion in T-Centralen

Police evacuating & sealing of the whole station

where bounce you hun?

Are those new reports? I’m in Östermalm atm, so this is all happening like 10/15 mins away. There have been quite a few helicopters around. HBU?

yeah, about 10 minutes ago, details are a bit sketchy about the ‘explosion’ but anyway Centralen is being evacuated & shut down

you at work?

I see the helicopters. I’m at home though. A little out of town up on the hill

Yeh, I’m at work. Centralen is pretty close and I haven’t heard anything so fingers crossed. Not surprised it’s being shut down though.

seems like they’re still looking for someone/have extra info

‱ Polisen uppmanar folk att inte röra sig mot Gamla stan, och att stanna inne om man befinner sig pĂ„ Södermalm
‱ All tĂ„gtrafik till och frĂ„n Stockholm avstĂ€ngd och Stockholms centralstation ska utrymmas.

Police advising nobody goes toward the old town & and that everyone on Södermalm should stay indoors
All train traffic to & from Stockholm is on lock down & Central station is being evacuated

Polisen kör just nu runt i Stockholm och ropar ut frÄn bilarna att mÀnniskor ska lÀmna omrÄdet.

Ingen Àr i nulÀget gripen i Àrendet, uppger polisen vid 16.40-tiden.

Police are driving round shouting from their police cars to leave the area

No one is currently under arrest regarding this case

hmm. So the perp is still at large and suspected to be in the Gamla Stan/Söder area

Press conference from Security Police in 20 minutes

so, situation ongoing

thanks for the info