Hold On Now, Youngster is 10 Years Old Today

Pretty happy about the HON,Y release, bought it on cd when it came out after seeing them in Bath and always hankered after a vinyl copy. It’s not their best for sure but it has sentimental value as one of those records that soundtracks a very specific time in your life. Hello Sadness > Sick Scenes > Romance Is Boring > HON,Y > No Blues > WABWAD

aye it sounded dated at the time too

Mate, get into Sick Scenes pronto!

5 Likes

No Blues > Romance Is Boring > Sick Scenes > Hello Sadness > Hold On Now, Youngster > WAB, WAD.

2 Likes

Romance Is Boring > Hello Sadness > We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed > Hold On Now Youngster > No Blues. Sick Scenes = N/A.

No Blues is my fave too. Massive sounding record in places.

5 Likes

weve done this before and established that i was right

romance is boring > no blues > sick scenes > wabwad > hony > hello sadness

1 Like

Changes all the time but RIGHT NOW I’ll say

Romance > Scenes > Sadness > Blues > Youngster > WABWAD

But obviously I couldn’t love any of them any more if they were my own flesh and blood.

This is the definitive order

1 Like

Got my tickets and bought all 3 vinyl - including the superfluous alternate artwork HON,Y.

NO BLUES > Sick Scenes > Hello Sadness > RIB > WAB WAD > HONY

Sick Scenes is so so good, it just bucked my 7 year old theory that they get better with every album. Albums 2 - 6 are incredible. Debut is very good, just those vocals grate and some of the lyrics are so smug … by Gareth’s own admission.

there was an article where gareth ordered them the same as me he famously loves my work

1 Like

I bought alt artwork 1 disc HONY (which works out well for me as I dislike the original artwork, love the new style, and have the majority of the disc 2 tracks on 7" already) and WABWAD 12" and a standing ticket for the show.

I am v excited for all of this, these cats are my all time favourite band. I’m off down to London for 3 days rn, have packed only LC! t shirts in excitement

Attire for this afternoon’s wandering + Arcade Fire show.

5 Likes

Bought the HON,Y with the bonus discs and WAB. Didn’t bother with the alternative artwork version.

a) HON,Y is nothing short of excellent. Only complaint is with the LOUDNESS

b) Sick Scenes > HON,Y > Romance > Hello Sadness > No Blues > WABWAD

Don’t understand the WABWAD hate. Probably my second favourite after Romance

Think they’re all of a real good quality, I just put it down to preference of some songs over others (or things mentioned above like grating voice etc), therefore WAB is my least favourite album but I still really, really like it.

Yelp-Rock for twats, innit. :wink: That track that opens with them squealing some numbers shudder

Quite like a couple of songs off WABWAD though.

LC! haters never believe me when I say that those first two records don’t really sound anything like they do now :confused:

2 Likes

Come on then.

Favourite Los Campy songs? Mine:

Baby I Got The Death Rattle
Life Is A Long Time
We’ve Got Your Back (Documented Minor Emotional Breakdown #2)
As Lucerne/The Low
The Black Bird, The Dark Slope
The Sea Is A Good Place To Think Of The Future
Selling Rope (Swan Dive to Estuary)

:heart:

gonna get Forum tickets tomorrow I hope

1 Like

Heat Rash is way ahead of everything else for me.