Need somewhere that’s…

• Cheap as chips
  • Hot in November/December
  • Not full of British people
  • 3 hours max flight from Manchester

Shoot…

Morocco?

Malta?

Anywhere in Romania is the answer to this question.

Edit: not the hot bit

Tunisia

Not sure it’s possible that anywhere will fulfill all your criteria though

I don’t think a 3 hour flight from Manchester is going to get you to anywhere that will be hot as such in nov/dec

3 Likes

I know but I was making the best of a difficult brief…

1 Like

Not sure if anywhere within a 3 hr flight of central europe will be hot in nov/dec tbh. You’d need to go south of the equator for that, no?

Edit: That being said, I’m pretty sure that countries or regions that are normally associated with mass tourism can be nice as long as you know where to go. So basically find an area that you would like and google your way to some lesser known locations.

blackpool

2 Likes

Or maybe Rhyl

Actually I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Based upon your flight time (why 3 hours?), one of the Greek islands. Not that many places hot within a 3 hour flight of Manchester in Nov/Dec.

Tenerife. It has a bad reputation, and parts are cheesey/rammed with English. But if you pick a part that is less commercial, it’s an amazing place. More than 3 hours away though (maybe 4?). El Medona on the south, or places like Puerto de la Cruz on the north are less commercial and less stuffed with English.

We go in November and temp is 25ish. Perfect.

2 Likes

Seville will be relatively hot? Could get a game in as well

Just checked and the flight time is exactly 3 hours. High of 20 Low of 10.

Another Spanish possibility is Granada. Fly to Malaga and catch a coach 3 hours east. The weather is warm, not hot (22-24 deg), but gets chilly at night. The only Brits are English language teachers. There’s a great mix of North African & Spanish culture plus the Alhambra and Alcaizan. And it is cheap if you drink because Granada bars offer free tapas with every drink. Three drinks and you’ve eaten enough for lunch or dinner. Most restaurants should offer a menu del dia lunch option (a three course meal with alcohol at a fixed price because a worker has the right to a decent and dignified meal).

1 Like

Granada is lovely. Even though loads of tourism, as you say you can get good cheap food easily enough.

We stayed somewhere near the coast and went up there. It can get chilly at night, but we had a proper wood burning stove in the apartment.

1 Like

North Cyprus

1 Like

I love it there, but it’s going to be longer than 3h on a flight i reckon.

1 Like

oh yeah, I’ve been there a few times and never remember it taking that long but it does seem to be