Holiday packing tips

:smiley:
theres places that do your laundry for you. handy if you’re on a 3 week+ backpacking holiday.

1 Like

And i love a spreadsheet more than anyone but I’ve never felt the need to make one for packing a suitcase

2 Likes

I thought this exact thing, i’d rather just find the extra room for the underwear than do washing while on my holiday…

1 Like

Ticked “avoid hard suitcases” only because I don’t own one. I always travel with a big rucksack.

I’m also imagining that the person who wears bikini bottoms all day every day on a summer holiday is using the spare suitcase space for tubes of Canesten

6 Likes

Photograph everything you’re taking is absolutely psychotic

1 Like

Also definitely wouldn’t stop me worrying I’d left something behind.

1 Like

Yeah alright if you take a really long holiday you will at some point need to do laundry, or you’ll end up like my cousin who allegedly brought a whole term’s worth of laundry home to his mum at christmas during his first year at uni. But one of those suggestions is to take only 2 pairs of pants and wash a pair every night!

1 Like

Like, how much space are you really saving by cutting out a few pairs of pants?

2 Likes

Go somewhere warm where you wont need hot drinks

1 Like

ah right fair play. I didnt read the full text for every suggestion :laughing:
how big are some peoples pants…? :open_mouth:

1 Like

It’s really easy to get some underwear clean at the same time as having a shower. Two pairs seems a bit spartan I’ll admit, but it’s simple enough to do, and it works.

Sometimes holidays are to somewhere cold so need to pack bulkier clothing items. Mostly stay in Airbnb’s and have a washer/dryer.

Only drink hot drinks in places that serve them

1 Like

Strong Partridge/@profk vibes here

1 Like

Not much room for ‘error’ with 2 pairs

1 Like

Was going to post this too :smiley:

I, too, go on identical holidays with identical needs every time.

Im checking the results of the polls for anyone only ticking the duct tape, suction hook and photograph options. :grimacing: :hocho: :drop_of_blood:

edit:maybe the vacuum pack too :confused:

My plan is:carefully and methodically pack essentials (medication, passport, contacts, glasses). Pack all available keks and socks. Follow up with indiscriminate bundles of upper wear. Finish with a couple of pairs of shorts or trousers depending on destination.