Holiday packing tips

First time i did the put clothes in each others bag thing both our bags got delayed

I have actually tried applying duct tape to myself as i saw it recommended as an easy way to get rid of a verruca (stick a tiny square on the verruca and replace it each day). The experiment only lasted a day and what I can say is that duct tape does not stay stuck to skin very long.

1 Like

Cycling helmet on your head when you board the plane

6 Likes

Top tip here, don’t put a damp pair of jeans in a bag and forget about them while you enjoy Vietnam for 2 weeks.

Most of the Rough Guide / Lonely Planet stuff is available online now anyway so we just did this instead. I agree with you though - but in this case it made no sense to carry around an extra kilogram of book for the sake of a few dozen pages

As if I have more than 1 pair of shoes

1 Like

Before you judge @rich-t, walk a mile in his shoes.

Then walk back and give them back to him because he only has one pair.

3 Likes

Don’t think they’ll last a mile

1 Like

You deserve a holiday after that.

I reckon ive probably never been on holiday and worn every piece of clothing ive took.

1 Like

had a mini-heart attack there thinking this was something I wrote during my #journo years, even to the point of thinking whether I’d used a pseudonym back then too.

2 Likes

Same. I always way over pack. I can’t help it though cause what if I spill something down me in the middle of the day, everyday! Then what happens if I don’t take spares. :thinking:

Never leave my knickers at home, I do the opposite in that I take about 40 pairs in case I shit myself every day

5 Likes

make new socks and underwear out of duct tape

3 Likes

Always forgot to bring something home. Usually a favourite item as well. Left a whole bag in a hotel once and had to get them to post it and the contents home.

Where did your bike helmet go? :wink:

I dont really overpack but ill just be like ‘that t-shirt is still fine’ so that i end up with at least one not worn at the end.

Only book at places that have those fancy taps that boiling water comes straight out of.

Don’t want to waste a holiday clean t-shirt moment do you. For special occasions only. Need to have a spare in case the queen’s on the flight back from Alicante with you.

1 Like

Wonder how Laefs is…

1 Like