šŸŽµšŸŽ¶ 'Holidays are coming!' thread (rolling) šŸŽµšŸŽ¶

Christmas Day will be at my parentsā€™ house. My sister and the in-laws will be there too. Weā€™ll host Boxing Day, where we employ some cultural appropriation and have non-traditional Christmas food. This year weā€™re going Caribbean and hoping that the in-laws donā€™t rock up in Rasta hats.

any word on how the geese are doing?

looking forward to crimbo this year, but first we have to get halloween over with, which is my catā€™s holiday!

Read that as President Lizzo.

Iā€™m backing that.

1 Like

The acceptable time for doing Christmassy things? 6 November to 6 January. Nothing less, nothing more.

Iā€™ve already paid a Ā£10 deposit for my work Christmas meal.

1 Like

Iā€™m fine.

So far.

Looking forward to drinking six pints of cider on Christmas Eve, falling up with my brothers and then smoking the traditional Christmas Day joint on the waste ground by the railway tracks.

2 Likes

Railway tracksā€¦ In Ireland?

Thereā€™s a reason thereā€™s waste ground there, no more trains in Ireland.

1 Like

I do love Christmas on DiS though

1 Like

my sister lives in Australia, my parents are going over there for xmas and I was horrified at the prospect of having to go too because fuck 40 degree heat and long haul flying. as it turned out, i had to go to NZ/Aus a few weeks ago so could justify not going for xmas

it does mean that at the age of 30 it will be the first xmas i spend without my immediate family tho, gonna be odd

No need for Halloween - governmentā€™s sorted out all the horror we need at the end of October.

3 Likes

Throwing rocks at trains?

deets
and pics

halloween innit, the most holy day in the cat calendar. might get him this

2 Likes

Get this

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: heā€™s ginger too so it would work. what about this:

1 Like