Holidays

Llanberis in Wales sounds like what you’re looking for.

If I could choose anything for just myself, I’d go :snowboarder:

As it is, I’m going to do LA/Vegas/San Francisco over the next fortnight instead, which should be good too.

1 Like

We just came back from Valencia. Flights & apartment (non-AirBnB) cost £250 for four nights for two, and the food and drink was pretty cheap as well.

This looks promising as a starting point other than I am not sure how I would get there.

It is more of a pipe dream really, reality is I probably would not enjoy myself because of the anxiety of being somewhere new and not being able to process the rapid change in my environment :frowning:

do something miserable, in the spirit of calvin’s dad

1 Like

I just want to sleep and not move much for a weekend pls
With a bit of warmth and loads of aperol spritz pls

Tempted to agree, but i basically just do what i do at home - sleep in, go out for breakfast, read the papers, go for a massive walk, get tanked.

Gets a bit boring, particularly if you stick to Europe, as ido because long flights can fuck right off.

Surely you take in some local sports (football) on your European trips?

the idea of going away is always nice, but i forget that they’ll be other people there

think i’m at my happiest when i’m in the countryside
or outside of cities at least
guess it mostly depends on where you grew up and stuff like that though

1 Like

money on trips:

• save fastidiously for months/years for holiday so that money isn’t an issue
  • realize a week before going you might not be able to eat when you get there and do the entire thing on a shoestring
  • bit of both

0 voters

Blow a few hundred quid and hate yourself for months when you get back.

1 Like

did something like that once after getting a tax rebate, and realized I could have eaten for like four months on the money I’d spent over a week on holiday.

Last time I went abroad was a few weeks after I graduated. I optimistically thought I’d have a job by then. Fortunately spent most of the time camping so I didn’t have to worry about hotels but god was i freaked.

Snap. Heading to SF and LA (via Yosemite) over Easter. :smile:

I need some dramatic scenery to look at/explore.

All cities are basically the same.

Whack far too much on a credit card and spend months paying it back for me

Frensham ponds

Reckon I’d go for a Cuba or Sri Lanka atm