Hollow Knight

@Bamnan you asked for it, so here it is.

What a beautiful, incredible game

4 Likes

yeaah! gonna talk about this in a bit

1 Like

favourite NPC?

probably this creepy nightmare

1 Like

playing through it a second time recently I was struck by how well designed the difficulty is generally. There’s always a bench nearby to a boss and the platforming is only really tough in the optional areas. Bosses don’t take that long either once you learn the patterns, most can be beaten in a minute or two. This kind of stuff puts me off playing Dark Souls as it looks so tedious and laboured in the animation and length of fights in comparison.

Always liked hearing the map guy humming away.

4 Likes

didn’t find him that hard this time through

1 Like

Absolutely not doing the Grimm troupe again though, that final boss was something else entirely

1 Like

For the most part Dark Souls is pretty respectful of your time, not that many really punishing boss runs and most of the bosses can be learned and taken down in a similar manner. There are exceptions but they’re the minority.

I think the differences are in the presentation - Hollow Knight is truly beautiful, whereas DS is still beautiful in its own way but is intentionally gritty and dark - and in the gameplay. Being a platformer HK is just a bit more fluid and snappy. The Soulsborne games have the best 1:1 relationship between controller and player character in anything I’ve ever played, but it’s slower

1 Like

4 years later?? Hollow knight is still infuriating me.

I’m currently in decrepid Sheffield suburban shopping mall Crystal Peaks, just spent about an hour trying to get to a bench only to find it’s guarded by a (mini?) boss which killed me in about 2 seconds.

One day I will finish this game. 40 hours played total and i’ve never got further than completing fungal wastes. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

• true, they’re metamorphosing into grubberflys
  • he ate them. they’re being digested

0 voters

never felt more sickened by a game

am i really gonna have to sink another 100 hours into this before silksong comes out?

sigh

1 Like

never even finished the game because I was so upset about it

1 Like

I have to belive it is part of the life cycle. I have to believe it or otherwise the world is a cold and dark place.

3 Likes

The wait for silksong has been dreadful. Especially since hollow Knight is my 10 year old son’s favourite game. He asks me every week when silksong is coming out.

1 Like

almost certain that they’ve fucked it, isn’t it

( no it isn’t eric, please shut up )

1 Like

I sometimes think that. But then i think it’s 3 people making it and they want it to be really good. I’m keeping the faith.

Trudging around in deepnest, not really having a good time tbh. Just dark and full of dead ends.

Need to try and upgrade my nail but I’ve no idea how, I’ve only done it once.

1 Like

Deepnest can be tough first time when you are underequipped, haven’t found the map and can’t find a way out. Keep going, you’ll make it.

still the greatest. on the replay right now and just about to take on the hive knight

1 Like

Anyone who has beaten … the Radiance … Tips please. Reckon this is my all-time favourite game but can’t quite finish the fucker

1 Like