Home Alone Reboot Practicalities

At the end we find out his neighbour is Ferris Bueller, thus kicking off the John Hughes Cinematic Universe

2 Likes

Original Kevin is the now a dad and he intentionally leaves his kid home alone because of the character building opportunity.

He probably also tips off the burglars (The kids of Marv and Harry) that there is a kid home alone.

Could turn into a bit of a Gammony thing there, that’s the only concern. Yeah, they reject wi-fi kettles and all that, but they use their good old-fashioned practical knowhow and Blitz spirit or whatever to foil the plan, and then Kevin comes back from working back to back shifts at whatever hellish content farm, call centre, bar, or hospital he works at and they’re all like, “See, you just need to be able to tie a variety of complex knots and whittle darts. You millennials, ugh.”

“I don’t have time to practice my reef knots, I did 75 hours this week and I still can’t afford a studio flat.”

The ‘home’ is a virtual representation of the families digital life including assets. The son gets stuck in the vr world as 2 crooks try to hack it and his to defend everything. Boom! Job done Hollywood, send me some money.

Or in Somerset :slight_smile:
And call it :dark_sunglasses: :slight_smile:
Frome Alone :sunglasses:

You’re gonna tell me it’s in fucking Wiltshire aren’t you

1 Like

:grimacing:

1 Like

No, but it’s pronounced ‘Froome’ you absolute mug.

2 Likes

Don’t know much about cycling but I hate his fucking face.

Think macaulay culkin is too old for this now to be a realistic prospect tbh

I mean to be fair even in the late 80s a family THAT large with THAT much wealth whose son wasn’t a horrible Tory oik, plus the complete lack of physics means that if there’s anyone out there who swallowed that lot but aren’t up for the ‘forgetting a child’ setup because it’s ‘too contrived’ then they probably don’t deserve movies.

lol what the hell

On July 25, 2018, it was announced by Deadline that Ryan Reynolds was attached to produce Stoned Alone , an R-rated Home Alone reboot, through his Fox-based Maximum Effort production banner, with George Dewey as executive producer, Augustine Frizzell set to direct, and a script written by Kevin Burrows and Matt Mider based on an idea by Fox executive Matt Reilly.[5]

Stoned Alone is reminiscent of that hallowed comedy classic. It centers around a twenty-something weed growing loser who misses the plane for his holiday ski trip. He makes the best of things by getting high. Paranoia sets in and he believes he hears someone break into his house. Turns out thieves have broken in. Fully stoned and fueled by paranoia, he tries to thwart the thieves and defend his castle.