Home Exercise Thread 2021

I spend so much time looking at the Sweaty Betty sale whenever it comes around that I know which things have been on sale before

There’s some wide-leg trousers that I swear they’ve been trying to flog for years

Same. They’ve been trying to flog that Ferne Cotton bomber jacket for the past few sales too.

Thanks! I’m still 6 weeks away from my reward date… How regular are their sales, do you know?

Every 2 months I think? Just looking back on my emails and there was on in august, October, End of December and now Feb.

I always think “ooh that’s nice” then see it’s got some weird shell thing on the back

1 Like

There was another amazing one on there that was navy and Sherpa on the outside and I watched it for about 6 months for it to go on sale and it did and it arrived and just looked so shit on me so sent it back.

I am tempted by that Sherpa fleece in the khaki grey with orange trim and pocket :laughing:

1 Like

Why am I looking at discounted ski gear, I haven’t had paid work in weeks and I DON’T EVEN SKI

1 Like

Today I did 3 short workouts
Butt :muscle:
Abs :muscle:
Arms :muscle:

Only managed to get up in time for exercise twice last week :upside_down_face: hoping I’ll start doing better as the weather gets milder

2 Likes

(I did some after work, workouts tho)

My Fitbit screen died so I’ve bought a nice new Garmin that looks more like a watch and less like an ankle tag. Think I’m feeling more motivated to get fitter now we’ve got some rough dates for stuff to happen this summer.

1 Like

Joining my first virtual spin class in months tomorrow :grimacing:

I got a fancy new garmin watch at the start of the year cause my Fitbit was just being a dick and I love it! It’s definitely made me 10x more motivated and I’m on a half marathon training plan via the watch and it’s so good!

1 Like

Was it under a year old? FYI if so they replace them no questions asked

Nah it’s about 2 years old, the battery doesn’t last that long either. It was my third Fitbit in like 5/6 years and it felt like buying another one was just chucking good money after bad so I’m trying Garmin.

Yeah, I’ve actually had FIVE Fitbit versa but only paid for two, they’ve given me three replacements because they keep dying. I’ve sworn that next time I can’t get a replacement I’ll buy an Apple Watch.

Also, two of the watches that died came back to life, one weeks later and one months later :woman_shrugging:

I’ve really taken to fitness based video games on the oculus quest but there is one vital flaw and thats the screens steam up when you start breaking a sweat. Have had immense success with a combo of 1 to 2hrs walking per day and 15 to 30mins of beat saber per day with 1 or 2 days off per week. Have lost 4 stone since November and all my aches and pains have vanished the past month. My arm and leg strength has increased considerably and I hope I can build on this in time for normal life as I haven’t been able to enjoy doing much as its all felt like such an effort but now I feel like I can do and enjoy anything

I reckon if I drop 2 stone more I can look into jogging :eyes:

8 Likes

I’m really tempted to get a Garmin. I think I have convinced myself that I will run quicker if I have a more accurate GPS measuring my speed (which I think the Garmin has?)

depends on the garmin but yes they should. also useful to have your pace/splits on there so you can measure your efforts whilst you run. knowing that you need to run X per KM helps you chip away at your PBs and control your efforts whilst on your run.

2 Likes

I have a Polar HR monitor which does do that but I find the pace really inaccurate so, yeah, hard to control effort like you say.

I went for the forerunner 45 and have found it’s definitely more accurate than my Fitbit was. I only upgraded because my sleeve kept pausing my runs on the touchscreen of my Fitbit but turns out the Fitbit was just shit at everything anyway and this watch is great.

I’ve had it 3 months and still don’t understand half the stats and buzzing though!

1 Like