Home exercise thread

i know you didn’t ask me BUT HERE COMES SOME OPINION i have to stretch loads before i start squatting. got tight calves and sometimes my ankles get tight too. need to spend a good 5-10 mins just on them before i can get started. i always warm up before every exercise but would probably be able to wing it if need be… except for squats. always feel disgusting until i get loose.

look up some mobility stuff online and test each body part to see if you have anything in particular you might need to work on. other than that, just squat more. it’s definitely a skill and you do get better at it.

1 Like

I have my form from having a PT but the thing I find the best is doing a stretch before hand that’s like this

But you reach one arm up to the sky whilst pushing back on your knees on the other arm

It’s hard to describe… :joy:

Like this!

1 Like

I definitely agree that holding a bar or something like a bar in a back squat will help with form as you’ll get used to keeping your centre of gravity above the middle of your feet.

1 Like

Sit ups are my weakness.

@laelfy

incredible choice of thumbnail here :'D

3 Likes

Thanks! Now start juggling with them!

local man dies in clubbing incident

local man clubbed to death by own bell

1 Like

Local bell killed by club

1 Like

Just got an email from barringtonsports.com that they have kettlebells and stuff back in now. Prices look steeper than normal though.

1 Like

this guy has a lot of good videos on his channel about stretching / flexibility etc

2 Likes

Yeah, been doing his follow-alongs over the last few days. He cracks me up a bit as well “what up my bodyweight warriors!” :smiley:

2 Likes

just did my first yoga video of this pandemic

was a religious experience tbh

2 Likes

he sounds so awkward when he says it

like his heart isn’t really in it

1 Like

Exercise doesn’t appeal to me at all because I generally feel even worse after it. Just worn out and knackered for the rest of the day.

Downloaded 8fit and signed up to the free trial for some HIIT training. The advanced routines are bloody tough!

Combining that with exercises from the Nike Training Club app and some semblance of the push/pull/legs routine I was doing in the gym before, feeling pretty good about it in all honesty!

1 Like

I’m sure the novelty will wear off for me, but I feel the same. When/if normality returns, I can see a lot of people sacking off their gym membership. My OH did a barre class today put on by my sister’s mate and PayPal’d him a fiver (was optional), and loads of others did too. Why stop doing that when gyms reopen?

I’ve quite enjoyed being limited in terms of equipment (I have 2 kettlebells and that’s it) and realising you can still do loads of stuff. This PDF has loads of great bodyweight exercises…

The Spartan Strength Body Weight Workout Manual
https://mega.nz/#!CQJikaSQ!YRWLfbu4PgCcIPvHcpGOSNAmAdLy5sRGC-F3yDBvhhI

Far better equipment at the gym. Once I’m there I’m not going home till I’ve achieved what I intended. At home I sit down between sets and get distracted. I enjoy seeing what other people are doing, and I enjoy chatting to people in classes/the locker room. I’ll be the first at my gym’s door (if it’s still there) when they reopen.

3 Likes

I’ll probably be straight back too, but can see a lot of members AND staff thinking “What the point?”. My sisters mate said the response to his Instagram classes has been crazy.

Have weighed myself, logged my fastest 5km time and taken a photo of myself in my pants and if that’s no different after lockdown ends I’ll have to seriously think about it…

1 Like

Funnily enough I’ve been struggling to lose weight despite going to the gym 6-7 days a week. One week in lockdown properly monitoring my calories and I’ve lost half a stone. Will probably reevaluate what I do when I return.

1 Like