Hookworms (CW: Sexual, Physical Abuse)

Was going into a tailspin at the time when I posted that, thought an hour to calm things down might have helped. Think the thread is back on topic now

1 Like

And I cut out most of the stuff that was off-topic too. It probably reads much better now. Hope it does anyway.

1 Like

Ought on Facebook (apologies if already posted)

Screenshot

12 Likes

…this take, from a DiS writer, is in response to that :pensive:

https://twitter.com/Prominence_LA/status/1058360833326112769?s=20

This is the one who writes terrible reviews, isn’t it?

EDIT by Theo: Because the Tweet was deleted I rebuilt the HTML on here to delete it from the cache on this page. It seemed right to respect the original author’s deletion.

3 Likes

Urgh of all the horrible takes on situations like these ‘I believe survivors until it affects something I like’ is one of the most weasely.

5 Likes

Postman has just been, it’s new socks day :grinning:

73 Likes

What a fucking thread to mispost in

20 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

21 Likes

I think if anyone has read the last 200-odd posts they might need a little bit of light relief?

17 Likes

Yeah
Hey @moderators can you remove my socks post please.
Hellish misspost

4 Likes

Can we keep it

21 Likes

Keep the socks.

18 Likes

Don’t worry about it. Think we could all do with a little light relief.

3 Likes

Hmm she was the same one who reviewed the last Surfer Blood album and (fairly) refused to let them off the hook for the singer hitting his girlfriend, but to the point of being weirdly coldly dismissive of the death of their guitarist :confused:

This feels like a bit of an about-face in comparison

1 Like

On her feed there are tweets within days of each other both defending Christine Blakey-Ford and then saying she was personally gutted that these accusations involved Hookworms.

I am casting aspersions here, and perhaps it would be better if Lee was able to give context herself, but it very much seems like her position is influenced by her perception of the band. I agree with hankscorpio on what that indicates.

Yeah I mean this is fairly telling

I do reckon it’s definitely a fairly understandable human reaction to find yourself trying to make exceptions for the people you like but obviously the key is to talk yourself out of obviously irrational thinking like that

2 Likes

Yeah exactly. I think this encapsulates what the talk about “credibility” upthread was all about…you can’t really just diminish the credibility of someone’s account because the defendant is in a band you like.

This was the one who did the Cabbage review wasn’t it. This what I was talking about earlier this week about point scoring.

jesus christ just read that paragraph in question (about the guitarist). callous

1 Like

You know what, I’ll write reviews for DiS for free AND I won’t post dodgy tweets about assault apologism.

only half-joking. Primarily I know this stuff has affected sean in the past and it’s not his responsibility, if it’s on Twitter

3 Likes