hope Michael Vaughan gets sacked from TV work

He’s a plum

8 Likes

Very of it’s time but he was good on Big Breakfast.

3 Likes

11 Likes

2 Likes

Can’t stand him, just has pure knobhead PE teacher energy. See also: Matt Dawson.

14 Likes

Ratio on the last one :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

fingers crossed he does. hope Warne goes with him

2 Likes

He once shared a “I’m setting my clocks back to 1940, when this country had some balls” meme. Chortled at the time but with this week’s news it does seem a bit of a gateway drug to becoming Lord Gammon.

I used to love him back in the day when you got that beautiful cover drive and even the occasional over of surprisingly effective off-spin: was one of my fave cricketers to watch :cry: :cry: :cry:

Looking back on it now, of course, didn’t have to hear a word from him in order to enjoy those things.

8 Likes

^this

Bin all cricket off TV

3 Likes

Alright, the ECB

8 Likes

He’s been a proto-Boycott for a long time, far too self satisfied and self righteous.

1 Like

On a Cricbuzz panel show in April 2019, Michael Vaughan couldn’t get enough. “I see glimpses of Sehwag in Prithvi Shaw… he’s obviously young but has great technique. He is a wonderful player with plenty of great years ahead of him.” Shaw was 19 years old. On the same show just over a year later, Vaughan’s tone had changed. “He’s been around for a few years now… yet is still very inconsistent. He’s put on a pedestal too soon, maybe he’s not as good as we first thought.” Shaw was 20 years old.

Vaughan in a nutshell

2 Likes

What’s Warne done?

Cheteshwar Pujara Racism | Shane Warne’s reference to Cheteshwar Pujara’s ‘Steve’ nickname lands Aussie legend in soup with fans | Cricket News (timesnownews.com)

the thing was, on the broadcast, Warne brought up that Pujara had a “funny” nickname at Yorkshire,but couldn’t remember what it was, then on his next stint he was all, “i checked, they called him Steve haha!”

it was around the time Rafiq’s experience had come out, so there was loads of stuff on the internet about this (including Pujara’s experience) and he still essentially joined in with the othering.

Would be nice to know what Root thinks of it all given he was at Yorkshire the whole time.

proper laughable him kicking up such a stink about being called out for making racist comments, then

I mean, even more so

To be fair to Vaughan, If you’d asked me what I thought of, ooooh, let’s say Zak Crawley a year apart it’d be similar

Scenes

11 Likes