hopeful punt for some tableau help

So, as it stands I’ve got
Account numbers. Contact methods. And number of times that contact has been made.

Each account number is listed to show a main contact method of ‘multiple’ if they have used more than one contact method by doing a ‘count of contact method’ calculation, then an if statement:

CALC 1: IF [Count of MCM] >1 then “Multiple” else ATTR ([Main Contact Method]) END

Then there’s an over/under calculation for total contacts of:

CALC 2: IF SUM([Total Contacts]) >5 THEN “above” else “below” end

then an if calculation to bring these together to give each account number a type of contact so:

CALC 3: IF [Calc 1] = “Multiple” and [Calc 2] = “above” then “serial” etc.

All of this works. The issue is it’s not letting me do any subtotals or cut the data with e.g. the count of account numbers. I guess I need to do a fixed LoD expression at some point during the calculations but it keeps bringing through errors about using fixed expressions on aggregated data. Anyone got any ideas?

0 Replies

2 Likes

have you tried turning it off and on again

tableau

sweet chariot

SUM 4 TO CALC 3 HOME

wow

i had some tableaut flavoured ice cream the other day. was quite nice.

does that help?

CALC 4: IF [Calc 1] = “Multiple” and [Calc 2] = Does not work; THEN place in bowl of rice

That the mackies stuff. Absolute glorious filth

nah it was some fancy shite

Just download a csv and use excel imo

<p>hi my name is rob. i’m from Chicago and i like to fight.</p>

2 Likes

I am the tableau

1 Like

You were my main hope for actual help. O’sheas

8pm. What a Rush, gonna clothesline you off my mates shoulders

Guess that’s a no on the tableau calculations then

Start again from scratch in Power BI then when you get back to this stage, ask again.*

*Don’t do this, I’m assuming Tableau is better than Power BI.

Tableau IS better than power bi. Its not my workbook though and the way it’s all been put together is irking me quite a lot.

2 Likes

{fixed calc 3:count([account number])}

Tried that. Got the ‘level of detail expressions cannot contain table calculations or the attr function’ error

Try min or max instead of attr in calc 1, as there is only one value they will all return the one value