🐴 Horse Thread 🐴

horses

It has been decided we need a thread to celebrate all things horse related. Horses are bloody brilliant, aren’t they. :heart:

I’ll kick things off with this old pic of me aged ~16 on a horse I used to hang out with a couple of times a week (such good posture I had back then).

Also a more recent one from this summer when I met this GBOPony on a hike (we’re deep in conversation as you can tell).

@jeffpistachiomagnum, feel free to repost your gothic pic here if you want, and everyone else please post anything positive you might have to share about horses.

:horse::horse::horse:

Used to ride horses during the summer when I was a teenager. Quite enjoyed it, horses are a GBOH.

There’s horses in the field behind my mum’s house. I think there’s a big fence there now though so I can’t see them. I’ll have a look in a minute. Here’s me n horsies pre-fence.

EAT THE CARROT

I’d love a picturesque garden with a horse in it

No horses out today. Probably staying warm in a barn or something.

Horses > Wave > Radio Ethiopia > everything else

I think I respect horses more than I like them you know

Here is a handsome boy from the New forest last time I went

Not massively into horses, but my 7-year-old niece currently is a horse. At least, she claims to be, and I don’t feel I’m in a position to argue with a horse.

Just on the way to buy a book about horses (to go along with the horse colouring book) for her present. Might buy her a rosette as well.

wouldn’t want to ride them but I find them so relaxing

I got in trouble on a school trip for feeding a Wotsit to a horse and was convinced it was going to die. Pretty cruel thing to make a kid believe.

Not a fan

Bit harsh.

They’re obviously very handsome animals but their heads are simply too big for me to trust them, sorry

Never inject it, kids

I’ve ridden a horse once. I rode a diminuitive but plucky white horse across a bit of Dartmoor one day during “enrichment week” one year at school.

in the top five things I’ve ever done. maybe top three.

Live about 50 yards from a stables. Can see it from my back door.

Often hear the horses chatting to each other and having a good old laugh at night. Big fan.

came to say this

Saw about a hundred horses on Boxing Day. Let down by their respective humans though: