Hot Air Balloon Chat

Can’t believe it’s only me, @anon19035908, @ruffers and @urbanfox * who are cool/brave enough to give these things a go.

*ie the super-cool-balloon-guys

4 Likes

Sights and relaxation are pure bullshit.

Hopefully they have 4g up there for you so that you can Instagram and tweet.

Fucking unbelievable!

no, you were the size I’d imagined

Sign this guy up to the Tourist Board(s)

matron!

1 Like

yes: the size of a matron

2 Likes

Ruffers is small and humble
So you don’t confuse him
With matrons

My fear is like an Enduring Love kind of scenario where it floats away, and you grab the rope, but you end up being lifted up beyond the point that you can let go.

1 Like

would be too worried about my glasses falling over the edge to enjoy it

3 Likes

When I first heard about that happening to people I was super freaked out. It’s such a terrifying thing to happen. What an awful way to die.

Just throw your glasses out once you get to a few hundred feet and then you can relax.

Woken up by a sky-fixie yesterday and I am still annoyed about it now.

I have been in a hot air balloon. We ballooned across the seven estuary from Wales into England and it was really calm and quiet up in the sky, which was quite nice.

Bit of a crash landing mind.

Overall 7/10.

Went up in one in Egypt. Was fine, if a bit hot on the back of the neck. Would do again.

FACTFART; Stockholm is the only capital city within the EU that permits hot air balloon flights over its airspace

Don’t see much of the Virgin balloon these days. Anyone seen the Virgin balloon recently?

We haven’t left yet

Branson shredded it after deciding that “stuff really does not bring happiness”.

1 Like

Special permit there though

Balloons just leisurely criss-cross the skies here without the need for any red tape

I would love to go on a hot air :balloon: Cider and pasties would help…

Bristol has a big balloon fiesta each year. Good if like that sort of thing (been once, 20 years ago)